free website stats program 93 FLSTC SOFT TAIL BEARING WENT OUT | Harley Davidson Forums

93 FLSTC SOFT TAIL BEARING WENT OUT

Bearing broke up got some bearing and case out do I need to flush engine

• Replacing Cam and bush rods

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • What type

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Tgtech

I have a HD Mech friend that is working on it says we should open it up and flush out the broken bearing but says we can put new cam bearing cam new adjustable Bush rods and couple other things we got out 75% of the bearing so what do you think

Welcome from So. Texas. Your mech. friend is correct, split the cases and wash REAL good.
tourbox

So what is the consequences I know not good for metal pieces to be going thru the motor but I don't have 3 or 4 grand to put out I understand the why but is there any good that could come out of just buying new cam bearing pinion gear adj push rods changing the oil very often help me I know hit or miss feedback of all types please

If one piece of the bearing gets to the wrong place you may well need a new engine
With lots of moving parts going round and round and up and down a shard of metal can be thrown almost anywhere

Brian

It's a crap shoot. A friend lost a lifters bearings in his '91 Evo on a local trip. When he got home, his oil looked like brown metal flake paint. On his roommates advice, he flushed the bottom end with ?? (solvent) while the cam cover was off. Put a new lifter in, and changed oil several times within a few hundred miles. He said the oil was less "sparkley" each time. He was still riding the bike 20 yrs. and 30k miles later. I know of others that have lost main or rod bearings with less metal in the oil/crankcase.

Back