free website stats program 89 flhtcu oil drain plug? | Harley Davidson Forums

89 flhtcu oil drain plug?

Can someone explain where this is? I have the filter off and need to drain the oil, I have ordered the manual but do not have it to reference.

Thanks

Can someone explain where this is? I have the filter off and need to drain the oil, I have ordered the manual but do not have it to reference.

Thanks

Is your oil fill on the right side cover, If it is the oil drain plug is under that cover, you will have to remove the cover

The oil tank is on the right side under the side cover, the drain is at the bottom corner of the tank, you might want to use a funnel so it don't run all over the pipes and the floor. You need to take off the right side bag to get the side cover off, there's a bolt at the bottom of the cover.:small3d015:

Got the oil changed and the loose filter assembly tightned, that bolt that holds that to the frame is a bear to get to. I started the bike this morning to move it and noticed a little smoke and it smelt of burnt oil, is this typical after a oil change? I did get a little on the pipes but I wiped everything down. Also it did look as if it were coming out of the fishtails.

Thanks, tonight is primary and tranny night woohoo!!1:D

Back