free website stats program 883 to 1200 question | Harley Davidson Forums

883 to 1200 question

Rosco

There's A 9.5 To 1 And a 10 To 1 Compression Ratio Kit Available. I'm Wondering Which Setup To Buy. I Would Like It To Be Very Dependable And fast. What Would Be The Difference In Performance Between The Two Kits. And The Dependabilty Factor. Planning On Undertaking This Project Myself This Winter.

There's A 9.5 To 1 And a 10 To 1 Compression Ratio Kit Available. I'm Wondering Which Setup To Buy. I Would Like It To Be Very Dependable And fast. What Would Be The Difference In Performance Between The Two Kits. And The Dependabilty Factor. Planning On Undertaking This Project Myself This Winter.

With the bad gas and getting worse burn time with alcohol I would opt for the lower compression JMO

As Jack says, go with the 9.5 to 1...but you know the main thing is to go to 1200 or 1250 with new barrels, racers know the quickest way to get more power is more displacement. Higher RPMs is not going to give you bang for your buck than just plain tried and true known conversion kits by a reputable maker. Screaming Eagle of course offers you great value and fairly inexpensive...but others will likely weigh in here!

Thanks Guys, 9.5 To 1 is looking Better. If I Can Afford The 1250cc Pistons & Cylinders, I May Just Go With Them. The Engine Has 9,000 Miles On It So Hopefully The Bottom End Will Not Give Me Any Problems.

Thanks Guys, 9.5 To 1 is looking Better. If I Can Afford The 1250cc Pistons & Cylinders, I May Just Go With Them. The Engine Has 9,000 Miles On It So Hopefully The Bottom End Will Not Give Me Any Problems.

That is one thing about H D they have pretty stout lower ends, keep the gasket material out of the lower end and use new cylinder studs and you should be good to go Capital Jack:s

I disagree with the rest of the people about choosing the lower compression. When I first did my conversion to a 1200, I went with the 10.0:1 1200 kit. Kit that I purchased included the reverse dome pistons, pins, gaskets,rings etc. 10.0:1 compression is not going to be an issue considering the gas, if you use premium (at least 91 octane).

In my opinion, I did not like that set up by itself. I opted later to go with a set of SE heads, SE cams, (.497), 10.5:1 SE flat top pistons, bored .005 over, SE perfect fit push rods. Now we are talking about some power. Up to you. OH yeah, almost forgot, I put an SE selectable ignition with SE coil, and plugs. Questions?

Sounds Interesting, I'm Just Interested In The Top End For Right now. Were Did You Buy Your Parts ? I"ve Read Some Info On Different Gaskit Companys, Some Being Better Then Others. Whats your take on Them ? I'm Trying To Get All The Knowledge I can Before I Dive In. Thanks, Rosco

just had mine converted with oem pistons also had a mikuni
carb fitted,still running in, but feels alot different,sounds different too
also seems to be more mechanical noise anyone else found this mine had only
covered 4600 miles as an 883

Sounds Interesting, I'm Just Interested In The Top End For Right now. Were Did You Buy Your Parts ? I"ve Read Some Info On Different Gaskit Companys, Some Being Better Then Others. Whats your take on Them ? I'm Trying To Get All The Knowledge I can Before I Dive In. Thanks, Rosco

The kit that i bought I will reveal in a pm. Is it ok that I do so? That or pm me and I will reply back.

Back