free website stats program 883/1200 heads | Harley Davidson Forums

883/1200 heads

steve299

Stupid question, but I have to ask it. If you can use 883 heads on 1200 pistons can you do the reverse and use 1200 heads on an 883.

I found a set of brand new SE performance heads and wondered if I would get any benefit from them vs my stock heads.

I found a set of brand new SE performance heads and wondered if I would get any benefit from them vs my stock heads.

If I were doing this conversion, I would only go with like jack said: use 883 on a 1200 conversion OR convert to 1200 pistons and cyls then use the 1200 SE heads...

I have done the 1200 conversion and used the 883 heads and Built me a very fast bike..

Google; Jerry Branch, one late night with jerry branch; BUBBIE

Here it is.. Read this and you will learn.:bigsmiley23:

Search Result - Harley Davidson Community

Have fun with that bike no madder which way you go... (smitty901)

signed....BUBBIE

If you use the 1200 pistons and the 1200 SE heads,,, Wow,,,, HOLD ON :D

especially with 10:1 or 10.5:1 pistons.

The 883 bike is geared lower so it will WILL fly.

signed....BUBBIE

If you have a new rubber mounted motor in FI trim the stock heads on the 1200 are good, if you want real performance head see NRHS performance they do some stunning packages, me I would if i had a 1200 sporty leave the heads alone unless I was doing other work to the motor
WAP.gif

If you have a new rubber mounted motor in FI trim the stock heads on the 1200 are good, if you want real performance head see NRHS performance they do some stunning packages, me I would if i had a 1200 sporty leave the heads alone unless I was doing other work to the motor
WAP.gif

Hobbit used to KNOW all these answers TOO,,,, Just Like lucky 15...:bigsmiley23:

signed....BUBBIE

Back