free website stats program 88-to 95 cid | Harley Davidson Forums

88-to 95 cid

customer with an 2004 88 t.c. is wanting to bump up his low end ,as he now has a trike conversion ,checked with local harley dealer .I was given a price of $810.00 for cylinders,pistons,gaskets and cams?to convert to 95 CID .Seems reasonable to me .Question is ,This bike is injected.What will I need to do for fuel map.And when HD talks about a kit ,with cams ,does anybody have a clue as to what cams would be coming in "kit".The guy is looking for low end to get the bike moving from a stop ,Not more hi-end.Is it possible I'd be better off just lowering ratio on final?:unsure

Hey motorhead, I had the Stage II installed on my 2006 Ultra. I can tell alot of differance riding 2 up. They did install SE 203 cams in mine. I have heard of guy's getting SE 204 cams in theirs. The 203's have alittle less duration and more lift than the 204's. So the 203's should have alittle more low end but may not be enough to notice. I went with the Power Commander III. The dealer installed the stage II down load but it was still lean. Had trouble with it pinging when I started off at a light or running down the road a hitting a hill.

Hoghunter

I am doing that conversion right now ? Except that I have a carb. I don't know how its gonna be yet but hopefully it will have a bit more ummmph .:bigsmiley8:

hoghunter .have you gotten the right map on your bike now .This bike is a customers trike ,so it can't be dynoed .I'm going to have to deal with a stock map .I just don't want to be babysitting bike once I'm done .Since he is kindof open for suggestions on a pipe and air cleaner ,it probably makes sense for me to copy a known combo .I like the fact the 203 cam has modest duration but more lift .sounds like what I need to install.Any other suggestions for proven combos is appreciated.Thanks:D

Maybe you could go with a tuner that autotunes while riding.....Thundermax with auto tune works good for me and it was very easy to set up and it pretty user friendly You would probably have to add O2 sensors to the pipes on though.

haven't heard of thundermax .I take it you are satisfied?.I'm going to try to google it .Or leave me a link!

just googled it .Looks cool .I knew it would need wide band sensors to be effective ,and it has them .I'm definately going to investigate further .Sounds like the answer.And it's not even expensive :bigsmiley8:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Motorhead, You can go on line and get a list of maps from powercommander and match it to this particulair bike. Check it out

The 95 inch with 204 cams makes a world of difference. Did that to my 04 and it was night and day. Also and a SERT put on. fuel mileage was not so good but that thing did come out of the gate well.

Back