free website stats program 85 FLTC Manual Turn Signals | Harley Davidson Forums

85 FLTC Manual Turn Signals

Vibratinharley

I am looking for a little help in the way of fixing these turnsignals on my new/old FLTC. I know this bike was built with turn signals that are made to only work when your holding the button in and I also know this is annoying and that the old HD history books say they came up with a fix a few years later but don't explain what it is. SO, is there a part I can buy that will make these turn signals work where they stay on until you push the button to turn them back off?

I have been holding down my turn signal buttons for 22 years now. It is a pain. Harley makes a kit so that you click on the turnsignal and then click it off. It should be in Harley's catalog.

I put a module made by "Badlands" on a friends '89 FXR. It plugged right in, and flashed for about 10-15 seconds (no tie in for distance). I got it from Dennis Kirk, or Fog Hollow,it was about $50 at the time.

I have been holding down my turn signal buttons for 22 years now. It is a pain. Harley makes a kit so that you click on the turnsignal and then click it off. It should be in Harley's catalog.

I guess I can try it this way and see if I can get used to it. This is the first bike I ever had that did this. I will give it some time. ( it's better than the bmw where you have to cancel left or right from right side handlebar switch - boy does that take some getting used to)

I had the same issue back in 86 with my FXR, and less than a year after buying it I bought a set of buttons from Harley that did what you want. Don't remember any names or numbers, though. I think, but am not sure, that the "stay until pushed again" switches were on the police bikes at the time. You might try looking there.

Back