free website stats program '84 FLHT Air Forks | Harley Davidson Forums

'84 FLHT Air Forks

Caper

I have a bud that has an 84FLHT and the front forks won't hold air very long. Anyone know if you have to do anything special to convert them to plain hydraulic forks without the air assist, can you just add the fork oil to the same amount as regular forks??Would you need to block the air valves?? Thanks

You can remove the plumbing and associated anti dive valve if it has one but you can also run it without air too just the way it is.

There are seals under the plumbing where it joins onto the forks and you may want to just replace them and use the air system again. They could also be loose too.

Thanks glider,man you're quick:D....without air in them they are really soft and bottom out too easy, he has a bottle of 20wt fork oil and was wondering if you would add the amount in the manual for the air assist or fill them to the non air level

OK, I'll tell him, wouldn't want him loosing his teeth....he ain't very pretty even with them:lolrolling

I was loosing air (and oil) from the oil seals at the top of the sliders. It was an easy fix to put in new seals. The self help section took me right through it.

Back