free website stats program 70900071 combination tach | Harley Davidson Forums

70900071 combination tach

uneik

Hi all, I just returned from the states with this great new combination speedo/tach. It was easy to install as I followed the instructions. Now that it is up and running I can't seem to change the colours or settings to suit my stlye. When you follow the instructions on how to access the main menu, all I get is the word DIAG. Would anybody have any thoughts on how to reset this gadget or what to do from here???? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

sorry uneik i was looking at the wrong speedo/tach ,still compare your instructions with the pdf file on harley's website mabe there is something that will hep you figure it out.

I have the same one (70900070) except in MPH and not Km/h.

The instructions to change the colors for each part, i.e, the tach needle, speedo, background, LED screen is very confusing and concise. Don't get frustrated, I did that for you when I was trying to figure out how to change colors until I got "lucky" and discovered the method. I will try to explain later when I can sit down and re-write the instructions to make it clear and I will post it here. Stay tuned...it may be a day or two.

Here are the instructions.

Instructions to change colors on the speedo/tach combo

The trick with changing the colors is to get the unit into the right screen. Hopefully you have the written instructions.

Follow the steps in the instructions to toggle through the different displays such as COLOR ALL, LCD, DIAL, SPEEDO (NEEDLE COLOR) OR TACH (NEEDLE COLOR). Once you choose the color display function (LCD, speedo, etc.) and it is displayed on the screen you then quickly turn off the ignition switch and then immediately turn it to ACCY. Now the gauge will display the present color of that function.

Now this is where things get a bit confusing (as it did for me); pay attention. Press in and hold the trip set button. You continue to hold it and the colors will gradually change. As you hold the button in, it will cycle through the color rainbow and then you can release the trip set button at the color you desire.

The display will show the color number and you can write it down if you want to use it on another gauge component such as the tach, speedo, LCD screen, etc. Once you have the color selected you quickly turn off the ignition and then back to ACCY. This saves your color setting and returns you to continue with changing colors on other gauges. When done adjusting the colors, turn off the ignition. You're done!

I hope this helps. If this doesn't help you PM me.

If you don't have the written instructions, let me know.

I like that speedometer ,unfortunately they don't make it with the color options for an 02 Roadking, otherwise I would get one for my bike.

I don't like the fact that my '05 deluxe doesn't have a tach. I was considering the upgrade, but for close to $500 - is it really worth it?

I don't like the fact that my '05 deluxe doesn't have a tach. I was considering the upgrade, but for close to $500 - is it really worth it?

It is a nice feature, Your ride you decide:s

Back