free website stats program 7000 rpm screamin eagle module | Harley Davidson Forums

7000 rpm screamin eagle module

I need help. I installed a 7000 rpm S.E. module in my 06 1200c carb bike. I performed the password learn procedure with no problems, when road tested the speedo now reads 20 plus mph higher than actual speed. Why?
The module is the correct application, and was confirmed by 2 dealers. Nobody at the dealership level seems to know why. Any help would be great.

Looks like the right part.

[FONT=Verdana, Arial][FONT=Verdana, Arial]This module is programmed to allow the engine to turn 7000 RPM while maintaining stock ignition curves at lower engine speed. 31785-04 Fits �04-later XL1200C/R models.
�04-later XL1200C/R models
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Hey Glider,,the speed sensor is clean, no debri on the magnet found. Do you think it displaying the speed in metric? Is there any possible parameter adjustments that MUST be made with the Harley scan tool?

If the speedo was reading metric at highway speeds it would be out more then 20 mph. 50kmph-30mph, 100kmph.-60mph.

well, Harley Customer Service is working with me at this time. I have to go to a dealer other than my selling dealer! Imagine that! My selling dealer put off my apointment till March 18, and then stated "well see about getting you in"
Its like a hot potato, nobody wants to help me there. What (EDIT) me off most about that, I paid cash for my bike! They couldn't do enough for me till they got my money. well anyway,,ill keep you all posted. Thanx for the info on the changed part number. With the addition of another character, it might be a part update.

[notes]
A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community
[/notes]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back