free website stats program 7" LED Headlight Comparision | Harley Davidson Forums

7" LED Headlight Comparision

bogiediver

A friend and I did a comparison of two 7" round LED headlight offerings - the JW Speaker model 8700 (aka Harley-Davidson) and the Truck-Lite LED from Custom Dynamics.

The cost is significantly different, the performance is minorly different - both blow away halogen lights. Mostly, choice will be based on personal preference.

Attached is a pdf file with the full review, with comparison pictures for your consideration.

From a couple of guys who like to ride, and thought you might be interested.

Attachments

• Review - LED Headlights.pdf
    986.4 KB · Views: 406
WoW... now thats a good post.... I might have to start saving my $$$ after Christmas...maybe the price will come down pretty soon........

Top effort.Great to read a well written treatise with empirical data like that.

What's your day job?:D

just wondering, does the LED light also give more of a shadow like the flash lights do?
I'm not sure what you mean exactly...

I'm going to take a guess - the optics used in either unit (projector style lens) is different than the LED flashlights I've owned, which generally have the LED well resessed into a reflector, or multiple LEDs directly behind the glass... So I'm going to say "no" (assumes I understood the question...).

My day job - a beancounter for a sanitary district, where the poop doesn't always roll downhill - sometimes it needs to be pumped uphill first... :panic

Great article. You have set high standards for yourself on the forum. :p
Thanks for the efforts and sharing with us.

Back