free website stats program 66 FLH Electa Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

66 FLH Electa Glide

If I replace the 5 stud clutch with stock 3 stub hub with the clutch pull be better?

• Most Accurate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Easiest Solution

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Strange Love

Hi Ya'll, I have a 66 FLH Electra Glide Shovel, after a couple of years of lugging around, I did a lot of motor work, carburation and gear ratio changes. Which resulted in clutch slippage. I have a mouse trap, I did multiple adjustments, didn't help. Finally, I replaced the clutch hub with a 5 stud hub, the plates with Barnets, the pressure plate with the thick aluminum one and after multiple mouse trap adjustments slippage problem solved. But the clutch leverer was so hard to pull that my left forearm looked like Popeye's. I didn't mind then, as long as I could go fast and kick ass, I was a young buck then. Now I am a 78 year old schooler. Fresh motor and trans rebuilt. I replaced the thick aluminum pressure plate with the thin metal one and new springs. The clutch leveler handle is still hard to pull. My question is if I replace the 5 stud clutch hub with the stock 3 stud hub how much better will the pull be percent wise? (Without replacing it with a terminator clutch kit). Thank you

Overall the clutch pull will be close on both 3 and 5 spring clutches. 5 springs give more even distribution across the clutch pack. I have no experience with mousetraps, but have read about how much effect they can have on lever pull.

Go on you tube and look for pacific mike subscribe to his channel and look through his videos he has one on setting up the mouse trap. He is an old school guy. I am sure you will get ideas on setting up the mouse trap correctly

Back