free website stats program 5K Service | Harley Davidson Forums

5K Service

wilks3

Just finished my 5K service myself in my 7.5'x15' Hog Shed. Only have lift to do one end at a time. I touched everything on that bike, changed all fluids, and wiped down everything. Total time...2hrs15min. If I had bike lift, so I could stand up, I could do it much quicker, but did everything crawling around floor.
Really makes a HD owner, me anyway, feel good to to do it myself! :D
wilks3
:USA

Yes Sir, it does!!! When I rebuilt my '69 Charger, I had people come up and ask "who did the work?". It was really nice to reply "I did".
wilks3

Thats for sure!!! 1K service left oil on motor, front caliper bolts loose and handlebars off center!!! Some service. I called MOCO on this. Service manual is great!!!!!!!
wilks3

Congratulations Wilkes. I could read your sense of pride in the post. When I go to car/bike shows, I try to notice some small item on a car or bike and make a comment to the owner. If they did the work themselves, they usually start smiling, and commence to telling me in detail how it was done. If they bought it that way, or had it done the reaction is not the same. Not knocking hiring work out, just an observation.

Back