free website stats program 56176-08 pullback bars | Harley Davidson Forums

56176-08 pullback bars

hotrodjohn

Yesterday I swapped out the stock handlebars with the pullback bars from Harley. It took 2hours and 45 mins. I was able to use the stock lenght clutch cable by removing it from the radio bracket to underneath the bracket and zip tying it there. No problem stop to stop with that setup. Throttle wire was long enough and so was the brake lines. I have not riddin it yet. I think they will be an improvement my only concern is the wrist position. I was ok with the stock wrist position the pullbacks seem to be slightly turned in more than the stockers. we shall see:D

Attachments

• IMAG0084.jpg
    IMAG0084.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 141
  • IMAG0085.jpg
    IMAG0085.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 128
I want to do the pullback bars on my 02 FLHTC also, did you have to remove the inner fairing to do that?

No the inner fairing can stay but it is a little challenging getting the bolts below the plastic piece under the radio. It would be easier if they were Allen heads and you could use a ball end wrench like you will need to get the radio out. I did have the radio out twice more just to get the angle I wanted on the bars. That is easy because you only have to loosen the front two bolts on the handle bar clamp. Took one hour to do that drill twice with a four mile loop test ride after each. Don't let anyone tell you that its to difficult to do yourself. I think these bars will help a lot. It amazes me how a little change in handlebars makes a big difference.
WAP.gif

Yeah, I'll be doing it myself. I hate to pay for labor that I usually can do myself. I sat on a friends UC with those bars and it is much more comfortable. I didn't have to reach as far!

I know. Makes a huge difference. I had 5k on my ultra before I changed them so they felt a little wierd at first but they are easier on the body if you aren't real tall or have short arms.
WAP.gif

I know it's been a while but did you have to drain the break fluid like they yell you to do? Seems to me that should not be necessary but not sure.

Thanks

I know it's been a while but did you have to drain the break fluid like they yell you to do? Seems to me that should not be necessary but not sure.

Thanks

The OP said he used the stock length brake line. I will assume that he did not drain the brake fluid. He probably just gently bent the output of the master cylinder to mold the shape of the new bars. GENTLY.

I did the same when I went to Heritage bars.

Welcome to the Forum too!

Good to know on the fairing (inner/outer removal)...looking to get/install LA Choppers PrimeApes sometime soon and wasn't looking forward to the downtime...I can afford a nice afternoon of wrenching.

Back