free website stats program 5000 miles and | Harley Davidson Forums

5000 miles and

Bobcat316

Around the rain, snow, and rattlesnake bite I have managed to put 4000 miles on my 07 ultra since October. It had just under 1000 when I bought it.
The bike is still stock other than the headlight bulb I stuck in there and the windsheild trim I scored for $5 at a benefit auction.

I want to put some pipes that will route some of the heat away but have enjoyed that heat with the winter weather. We usually run 100 to 200 miles when we ride and my back side got numb and a little uncomfortable when we put over 300 Thuesday.

I think i will be asking questions about seats.

So far I really like the ride and looking back I am so much happier that I went with the Ultra instead of the Heritage.

Well I think i need to burn a couple of CD's for the ride tomorrow.
Thanks
Bob

You might try Highway Pegs to allow you to move your legs to a different position. I have been pleased with the stock seat but on the 300-500 mile days the pegs help me stay comfortable between stops.

RJS Original heat shields help with the heat, I had mine for a while before installing the Rinehart Trueduals and was please with the improvement.

With the Trueduals the summer heat was no longer an issue and pretty much eliminated the remaining heat felt while stopped in summer traffic.

I did not install the Trueduals for the heat benefit but it was a nice side effect. There is plenty of opinions on the benefit or lack there of with the Trueduals, sometimes I just do thing cuz I want to :D

You might try Highway Pegs to allow you to move your legs to a different position. I have been pleased with the stock seat but on the 300-500 mile days the pegs help me stay comfortable between stops.

RJS Original heat shields help with the heat, I had mine for a while before installing the Rinehart Trueduals and was please with the improvement.

With the Trueduals the summer heat was no longer an issue and pretty much eliminated the remaining heat felt while stopped in summer traffic.

I did not install the Trueduals for the heat benefit but it was a nice side effect. There is plenty of opinions on the benefit or lack there of with the Trueduals, sometimes I just do thing cuz I want to :D

I agree with slowrider about the pegs. Also, a back rest along with the pegs makes all the difference.

Agree with previous posts. If you're going to be doing 200 to 300 mile days, a backrest and highway pegs are an absolute must. Along with a full bottle of ibuprofen!

I agree with the above - highway pegs allow you to move your legs a little more while on long rides - I prefer the adjustable ones so that I can position them to where the heel can be on the floor boards and the ball of the foot can be on the highway peg. If they are in this position it gives you a three way adjustment of your feet and legs.

Im going to install off set hiway pegs on the crash bar on my Streetbob for a little more comfort, the 600 miles to Key West with stock mid pegs was not a lot of fun

One thing I would like to add here...

WATER, I find that after long rides and when out on a several day ride. I have to REMEMBER to drink WATER...
When I forget it makes the legs, back areas SORE and When enough liquid IS in the body I don't SUFFER after the ride...
SUGGESTED:
Drink the liquids MORE OFTEN than you THINK you need..
If you are thirsty, you have waited TOO long and dehydration has already set in...

JUST ME
signed....BUBBIE

One thing I would like to add here...

WATER, I find that after long rides and when out on a several day ride. I have to REMEMBER to drink WATER...
When I forget it makes the legs, back areas SORE and When enough liquid IS in the body I don't SUFFER after the ride...
SUGGESTED:
Drink the liquids MORE OFTEN than you THINK you need..
If you are thirsty, you have waited TOO long and dehydration has already set in...

JUST ME
signed....BUBBIE

Very good point here Bubbie and for those of us on blood pressure medicine it is twice as important, Thanks Bubbie

Highway pegs and rider backrest make a real dif, I couldn't go 20 minutes without my back hurting then installed a backrest and can go all day in total comfort. As for burning a couple of CDs, your player can play MP3 cds, just burn one of those and it will play for 10 or 12 hours because you can fit 150 or more tunes on 1 normal CD. Saves bringing along a whole pile of CDs.
Have fun.

Back