free website stats program 5000 mile service 2014 Road King | Harley Davidson Forums

5000 mile service 2014 Road King

hillbilly81

Done my service this morning drain plugs looked good nothing fuzzy on them at all...at 1000 miles I went with royal purple 20 50 full syn thought I would give it a try heard good things about it...but the last 4000 miles my lifters have been making a lot of noise...so this time went back with Lucas 20 50 full syn it sure runs a lot quieter now, hardly hear those lifters always had good luck with Lucas I am going to stick with it the rest of the way on my Road King

I too have noticed lifter noise when running Royal Purple 20W-50 on long, day long runs. This year when I go to Sturgis, I am running Red Line 20W-60 and will switch to Red Line 20W-50 when I return home. I have put small samples of the Red Line and Royal Purple in bottles and am surprised at how different the two equal viscosity oils move and cling to the bottle when handled. Royal Purple appears to not have the tack the Red Line exhibits.

Thanks for the comment Henry...I was curious if anyone else had any royal prurple stories to tell...good or bad

Henry, That is interesting! Thanks for sharing!

Hillbilly81, I went to a store to buy Redline and notice that they have Purple products so I asked them which one (Redline and Purple) is better? They said Redline. I never use Purple so I can't comments on that one.

I purchased my royal purple at wally world they are carrying it now and it was 3 bucks a qt cheaper than o reilly....maybe wally world is having a cheaper blend made just for them...that is the way they do business

Back