free website stats program 48 + Fuelpak Speedo and IDLE problem. | Harley Davidson Forums

48 + Fuelpak Speedo and IDLE problem.

Ufobobo

Hello.
Recently i installed on my new forty eight 2011 a coil and ignition relocation kit. First, i had a problem with the connector that goes to the coil. The connector broke and the engine turned on and off so many time. i was stupid and i tried to keep it on too many times.
My dealer changed the connector and for a while the bike seemed to works well until my Speedo drop to 0 and the engine dies at a stop. It not happening every time, just when the bike is warm.
The strange thing is that it happen when i have the fuelpak on. I tried to buy the nightrider also but it is the same.

The bike works without a fuelpak or nightrider.

Can it be a sensor bad? Maybe when i tried that bad day to ride the bike with a turn on / off coil problem?

Maybe the VSS sensor?

No codes on dashboard, neither when the speedo drop to 0.

I'm sorry for my bad english.
Regards from italy.

Mario

No codes on dashboard, neither when the speedo drop to 0.

Did you actually perform a WOW test to extract any codes. You saw the word "None" from all devices?

Do not go by the "check engine light" only. That will only show your current codes after an ECM boot takes place. You must check your historical error log.

48 + Fuelpak Speedo and IDLE problem

Hello Hoople.
Yes, i receive "none" under the letter P.
And "No RSP" under letter T

Hello Hoople.
Yes, i receive "none" under the letter P.
And "No RSP" under letter T

and under letter b too... "No Rsp"

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you check for codes when the bike was in it's native factory state, meaning no fuel pack etc was in the circuit. That would be the only way I would test/check for codes.

If the fuel pack was installed, it could interfere with the ability of the ECM to commo with any sensors because it is in-between ALL the sensors and the ECM. The ECM is no longer seeing the sensors directly. That would also explain why you received a "No RSP" for b codes, because that should not have happened.

Normally "B" codes come from the TSM, TSSM. The list below may or may not apply to 2011. In 2011 HD introduced HDLAN and a body control module. I do not know if it was included in the Forty Eight model line. I think HDLAN and body control only are on Touring models for 2011.

Therefore my guess is that this list is probably pretty close to what you would expect to find in a "48" 2011 Service manual as far as "B" codes are concerned. "NO RSP" means the ECM could not commo with the TSM/TSSM and therefore could not see any codes even if there was 1 or more codes present. If I saw that on my 2009, something would be seriously wrong.

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/index.php/t-26845.html

or

http://www.hdtimeline.com/archive/index.php/t-2362.html

Back