free website stats program 45k mile wide glide | Harley Davidson Forums

45k mile wide glide

orv2485

Looking at maybe buying a 2001 Wide Glide. It is a 2 owner with 45k miles on it.
This will be my first HD, so if anyone could give me some advice on what to look for on this bike. The guy is asking $8000 for it. I think it is a pretty good deal, but the mileage is a concern. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Tom

The biggest thing to check to see if it was done is the cam chain tensioners but it would require pulling the nose cone to verify unless they owner has documentation to substantiate their replacement. If they go, it usually takes out the motor and they should be checked at about 25K to see their condition.

I have a friend in Az. that put over 95,000 on his 01 Heritage before he replaced the engine with HD rebuild program motor, if the maint. has been done and the bike goes through a buyers inspection you may be ok.

Gonna see it tomorrow after work. I was talking witha guy from work, he thinks $8,000 is pretty steep. Any thoughts?

Gonna see it tomorrow after work. I was talking witha guy from work, he thinks $8,000 is pretty steep. Any thoughts?
I actually think some of these bikes are way overpriced, but here is something to go by. You could get a better deal if you shop around a bit. But on the other side the bike may be in good shape and have tons of extras, start low and offer $6500.00 if you like it.

Link
Harley-Davidson Dyna Wide Glide Motorcycles FXDWG Inventory on Hogs4sale.com

Considering that KBB has it listed Suggested Retail Value $11,180, ask your friend why he thinks $8000 is steep and see what he says.

Considering that KBB has it listed Suggested Retail Value $11,180, ask your friend why he thinks $8000 is steep and see what he says.

Glad you posted this Glide. I never went on the KBB site, pretty cool. I have been curious what my bike was truly worth, just never looked into it. I was very surprise at what it was worth.

The bike he is looking at is priced accordingly, considering that the KBB price is based on 37K. I am curious to hear what kind of shape it is in.

Back