free website stats program 4 way flashers | Harley Davidson Forums

4 way flashers

01 rk

I rode my Road King today for the first time since July, while it was not being used I had the security system activated.
I deactivated it and turned on the ignition after the fuel pump cycled and before I hit the starter the 4 way flashers blinked 5 times rapidly.
The motorcycle started and ran fine, I have tried it several times and it's the same. Could not find anything in the srevice manual on this.
Anybody else experience this? Is this something to be concerned about?

A friend of mines bike started flashing the signals several times when he turned it on. A few days later it wouldn't start, the fob battery was dead. New fob battery and all was well, no more flashing.

Thanks
Your paper is for '04-'07 will it work on an '01?
There is nothing in my manual for retriving codes, that was the first thing I looked for.

I wonder if the Nickle Cadnium (sp) battery in the siren needs to be charged. I remember instructions to say it sometimes takes a 4 hour ride, even when first installed.

Just got around to checking for codes, followed the directions but did not get any code to flash. The data link terminals were not marked for 1&2 so I tried both sides, but nothing flashed. I noticed that the securiy key lights up for about 10-15 seconds after starting then goes out.

I noticed that the securiy key lights up for about 10-15 seconds after starting then goes out.

That's a historic code that is stored. If you look close on the side of the connector, you'll see the numbers for the terminals.

Thanks I'll look again, the data link is in a difficult location to see anything.
On top of that my eyes, like me are old and don't work so good any more.
Last question ,why would the code just show up now?

Back