free website stats program 36 mpg | Harley Davidson Forums

36 mpg

tacotruck

I have rode three tanks of gas, from that I got an average of 36 mpg. That is eight gallons per mile less befor my stage 1 up grade. I would like to get more mpg. I have a 2008 FXSTB with SE heavy breather, SE slip on mufflers, and Gen 3 (with factor settings). Average crusing speed is 65-70 mph, mostley highway riding, and I'm not heavy on the throttle. What changes should I make to the Gen 3?

The First mode which is our Green mode has the most influence on overall MPG. The stock setting is 3.5, but for better gas mileage you should run 2.5 and you'll still be running just fine for a stage 1 setup.

I have rode three tanks of gas, from that I got an average of 36 mpg. That is eight gallons per mile less befor my stage 1 up grade. I would like to get more mpg. I have a 2008 FXSTB with SE heavy breather, SE slip on mufflers, and Gen 3 (with factor settings). Average crusing speed is 65-70 mph, mostley highway riding, and I'm not heavy on the throttle. What changes should I make to the Gen 3?

Wow, road trips must be a nightmare getting 8 gallons per mile! Seriously, that much of a drop is a bit much. Follow Dobeck's recommendations and keep fine tuning it and you'll get it in a more acceptable range.

Wow, road trips must be a nightmare getting 8 gallons per mile! Seriously, that much of a drop is a bit much. Follow Dobeck's recommendations and keep fine tuning it and you'll get it in a more acceptable range.

......:bigsmiley20: I saw that to but I didnt dare say aneything..

I said " ...eight gallons per mile, less..." 44-8=36mpg.

Ummm.....I know, but I'm fairly certain you meant 8 miles per gallon less! Don't take it personally - typos are usually fair game for some ribbing around here!

When I proof reed my own writing I will read what I think I wrote and never catch my mistake, even after several proof reads. Me thinks this is what is going on.

When I proof reed my own writing I will read what I think I wrote and never catch my mistake, even after several proof reads. Me thinks this is what is going on.

Proof reed? you missed another:newsmile108:.

proof reading is what I do to make a decision in the Burbon aisle.

Back