free website stats program 3" open primary alignment tips needed | Harley Davidson Forums

3" open primary alignment tips needed

Matt Black

Hi all
I'm having real trouble getting the belt to run straight on a Primo 3" open primary belt, has anybody got any tips? I've been at it for ages and its driving me nuts

Hi I have the same set up and how I did it was loosen the motor mounts make sure the tranny is also loose all 5 bolts take the mounting nuts off if you have too and then put the innet primary on and tighten her down. Then tighten the motor back down use a tork wrench and set to specs then tighten down all 5 tranny bolts to spec. Then I add 5 lbs to the wrench and retork the motor and tranny. Then take the bolts out of the primary and add blue lock tight and tork them to spec. Then take a straight edge and make sure you have the pulleys lined up most of the time it will take some machining for the front pulley to line up I had to take .025 off of mine. You could also get a different rotor that doesnt have that thick washer to suck it in closer but that is up to you. Good luck I know you will get her let me know if I can answer any other problems you may have. Ole

Back