free website stats program 29 ANNUAL OYSTER RUN 2010 Anacortes Wa. | Harley Davidson Forums

29 ANNUAL OYSTER RUN 2010 Anacortes Wa.

BUBBIE

This is a FREE ride event that takes place here in Western Washington every year..

It has a OLD History and is NOW Really getting BIG.... take a look at the web pages that tell about it..

29 ANNUAL OYSTER RUN
OYSTER RUN '10

Officially Starting : Sunday September 26...
LOT of riders are around for the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)

Ride Safe and Have Fun!

signed....BUBBIE

This is a FREE ride event that takes place here in Western Washington every year..

It has a OLD History and is NOW Really getting BIG.... take a look at the web pages that tell about it..

29 ANNUAL OYSTER RUN
OYSTER RUN '10

Officially Starting : Sunday September 26...
LOT of riders are around for the weekend (Fri-Sat-Sun)

Ride Safe and Have Fun!

signed....BUBBIE

What no Pork Chops, put your self on report, LOL enjoy the run, Jack:rofl

Been thinking of going over again, down side is the distance, clear across the state and north, I'm in Spokane, last time I went, I left about 3:30 pm to head home, going down I-5 was my first mistake, stop and go, mostly walking, didn't get home till 11:00pm. Is it still just a Sunday only rally?

Last edited:
Been thinking of going over again, down side is the distance, clear across the state and north, I'm in Spokane, last time I went, I left about 3:30 pm to head home, going down I-5 was my first mistake, stop and go, mostly walking, didn't get home till 11:00pm. Is it still just a Sunday only rally?

Joel,

Sunday is the official start day for the Anacortes city part With blocking off the streets for the bikes ONLY,,, but quiet a few Start showing up Fri. thru Sun. Staying over close enough to beat the Crowds.

Lots of Other than "down town" things to see and do, Great riding thru-out this beautiful area.

The after-noon and evening RUSH is hard to get Back to I-5 as all the bike traffic THOUSANDS of bikers start back for home.
If you know a few short cuts Like out of Anacortes toward the ferry docks. Then heading south to Deception Pass over the bridge on-to Whidbey Island (beautiful ride) down the island and ferry across to the mainland... Better Speed and Access to all directions of travel, even Spokane, as the bikes are thinned out on the mainland. Unless you don't have time, Very long day!.. Then a night-over would be nice for you.

signed....BUBBIE

Late post for this event...but here we go. This was our first time attending this. Wife and I headed over to the Oyster Run from Forks Wa. Met up with brother and two friends in Sequim Wa and headed over to Port Townsend to catch the 11:15 am Whidby Island Ferry (For future goers, if you take this route or plan on taking the ferry you will have to go to the Washington State Ferry website and reserve a spot...though not widely enforced I did see a group of three get turned away until next run at 12:45). First off, the run from Forks to Port Townsend is an amazing ride. Lake Crescent (Hwy 101) and Hwy 12 have enough twists and turns to make any corner lover happy. As we turned off of 101 onto Hwy 12 we were joined by about 10 more bikes also headed our way. One of the riders was from Australia and was on a "Walk-about" from Eastern Canada to West Coast and then down to LA where he would fly home. Anacortes was amazing!! the city took great measures to insure a welcoming and friendly enviroment. The whole old downtown is reserved for bikes and foot raffic only. Hundreds of vendors from everything you could need were there. Food was great...Oyster Shooters everywhere and were going for about $1.50 apece until the last few hour of event then dropped to a buck apiece. Great live bands performing at various areas and best of all...thousands and thousands of sweet bikes of every make and style. Wife got angry at me as I was making a list of upgrades and doo-hickeys I had to have...lol,Weather was a bit damp but not so bad as to deter from the great event. We will do it again next year and are even talking of staying over night. This is a must go to event.:57:

OK, 30th Annual Oyster Run is the 25th of September this year. hope to see or actually meet some of you there.:D

Back