free website stats program 255 cams | Harley Davidson Forums

255 cams

dogg

what should the compression be in a 2011 limited, 103 motor with SE 255 cams and the ARC's disconnected?

YMMV depending on actual chamber volume and deck height but you should see about 198psi cranking at sea level. In Denver, you would see about 170psi.

If you own a 2011 (at sea level) and take it in to a HD dealership for a set of 255 cams, is it assumed they will be installing ACR? Or is it an option you decide you want installed.

Would I need ACR if I installed a set of 255's in my 96? I live at sea level.
I can see ACR being nice to have but costly and labor intensive to install.

If you own a 2011 (at sea level) and take it in to a HD dealership for a set of 255 cams, is it assumed they will be installing ACR? Or is it an option you decide you want installed.

Would I need ACR if I installed a set of 255's in my 96? I live at sea level.
I can see ACR being nice to have but costly and labor intensive to install.

Pretty sure your bike is wired for ACR; just need to be installed and connected to your harness. I would definitely install ACRs with 255s at sea level; they will extend battery and starter life.

Pretty sure your bike is wired for ACR; just need to be installed and connected to your harness.

It's not so much the wiring issue but the threaded hole required in each cylinder head. I never looked at my heads. Are there already machined threaded holes in each cylinder head but they are just plugged if ACR is not installed?

That sure would make installing the solenoids in the heads alot easier. Heck I already have a hard time starting with a heat soaked engine in the summer time..
I would install ACR even without the cams if the drilled holes in the heads are already there.
I thought you had to remove the heads and drill/thread the required hole.

My bike, 2011 ultra limited, 103 motor with SE 255 cams and the ARC's disconnected. Compression 210 psi front and rear

It's not so much the wiring issue but the threaded hole required in each cylinder head. I never looked at my heads. Are there already machined threaded holes in each cylinder head but they are just plugged if ACR is not installed? I thought you had to remove the heads and drill/thread the required hole.

Ona 96"er, the heads get pulled and drilled, the ACRS installed, the harnesses may be there already on the 11, if not it is available in the SE catalog. Wire the harness and they will have to be enabled by the dealer with the Digital Technician or with aftermarket software such as TTS or Power Vision.The releases are about $80 plus labor and drilling.

On my 09 FLHR 96", NO compression releases and nothing from the factory in wiring I Know Of... I have a set of (08) heads done by Dewey's Heads up in Wa.. Blueprinted and ready to go with installed Manual PR valves. I will use them when I go 103"...

I DO already have the Higher compression using the SE255 cams. The intake valve closes at 25* and the stock HD cams close at 30*..

The SE255's put me at 205#+ up in Wa. state where checked at 700 feet above sea level and Way Low at 175/180 at 4400 feet here in SE Az.

Darn bike runs ssooooo good right now, it is hard to tear into it... Just got off my B.Day ride... 1300 miles two up and All went fine.

Had the Gen4 set at 14.0 cruise (yellow) and got 45/46 mpg and not running lean. No Babying the bike with it loaded and two up and in the Hills.:s

I know what you mean Hoop, when the motor is heat sunk and having to start..Especially YOU at sea-level... I am recently having an occasional Klankk-hick-up when starting from very HOT.. Not often enought to warrant the PR valves NOW on the 96 but it WOULD eleviate the startinng issue...
MOST of my starting is just, Hit button and Blam, it is started.:D

I personally Don't want auto PR valves... Many do.

I think ONLY the newer bikes MAY have the wiring BUT, I doubt IF they are drilled and ready for PRvalves. JMO

Just my take on things.

signed....BUBBIE

I believe the 08's have the wiring for the CR's, when loading maps from my Race Tuner (wich is the older version last produced in 08) it asks if you want to enable ACR's.

Back