free website stats program 2021 Road Glide Ultra Noise Primary side of the bike | Harley Davidson Forums

2021 Road Glide Ultra Noise Primary side of the bike

jcpapi

Hi Guys... I`m Julio from Naples Florida . I have a 2021 Limited Road Glide bought new . At 1000 miles services after that a squawk type noise developed. Hot only releasing the clutch after shifting 2nd,3rd,4th,5th and 6th if you roll off the throttle quickly or are letting the clutch out downshifting. The Tech in the dealer say that Noise is normal operation for M8 powertrain slight whining during down shifting is from compensator and gear set. Tech heard noise coming from right rear of bike while coasting at speeds greater than 25 MPH with clutch pulled in.
He found rear belt guard plastic contacting on drive belt creating harmonic humming sound constantly. Tech loosened and repositioned debris deflector at test rode motorcycle again to verify repairs, dealer call me for let me know my bike is ready. Go today for pick up and I make a road test for my self and (EDIT) the Noise still there. so I leave bike on the dealer because services manager don't work today Sunday 6/27/2021. I'm sure the Noise come from Primary side. If any body know or have the same problem or issue whit this noise please provider any information if this cover the warranty.

Last edited by a moderator:
I beleive the noise that You hear is the "slipper clutch" engaging.The squawk noise is likely something You need to get used to.
I only notice it When engine is cold.It may be there all the time ,but I dismiss it, as a normal noise with the slipper clutch.My 2017 FLHTK did it,too.

Back