free website stats program 2019 Ultra Low Brake Issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2019 Ultra Low Brake Issue

Has anybody else noticed an issue with the front brakes? My front brakes grab really hard even when lightly squeezed.
Dealer says this is normal and I don’t believe it for a minute. At slow speed, if I touch the brake lever, it brakes so hard it causes the bike to pull downward to the right.

Help please.

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL
I have not ridden a 2019 ultra but the brakes grabbing so hard it pulls the bike downward and to the right does not seem right to me. Do you also apply rear braking at the same time, if so then I would confront the dealer about the "it's normal" it is not, there should be even braking when applied correctly so you slow down smoothly. I would see another dealer if yours does not give you satisfaction.

Welcome to the forum from Gulf Coast AL
I have not ridden a 2019 ultra but the brakes grabbing so hard it pulls the bike downward and to the right does not seem right to me. Do you also apply rear braking at the same time, if so then I would confront the dealer about the "it's normal" it is not, there should be even braking when applied correctly so you slow down smoothly. I would see another dealer if yours does not give you satisfaction.

I’m sorry....I should have said pulls down to the left. I will correct my previous post. It does the same with the rear brake engaged at the same time. It is an ABS system and of course it is also integrated as well. So regardless of where the brakes are activated from (hand lever or foot pedal), they work simultaneously.

if I only use the foot pedal, it reacts perfectly fine.

I may be wrong but I believe the integrated brake system works from a pre determined speed and up.
Allowing independent brake operation at slow speed.
Your complaint sounds like a front brake master cylinder is too sensitive.
How many miles sense the last brake fluid flush?
Contaminated or wrong fluid type or air in the system may be the cause.
I would also check the movement of the caliper pistons,
Use a screwdriver to push the pistons into the caliper by twisting between the rotor and brake pads.
This should be very easy to do.
Maybe the right side has a stuck piston.
Definitely not right and a second opinion from a different shop is the best thing to do.

Last edited:
I may be wrong but I believe the integrated brake system works from a pre determined speed and up.
Allowing independent brake operation at slow speed.
Your complaint sounds like a front brake master cylinder is too sensitive.
How many miles sense the last brake fluid flush?
Contaminated or wrong fluid type or air in the system may be the cause.
I would also check the movement of the caliper pistons,
Use a screwdriver to push the pistons into the caliper by twisting between the rotor and brake pads.
This should be very easy to do.
Maybe the right side has a stuck piston.
Definitely not right and a second opinion from a different shop is the best thing to do.

It has done this since the day I got it. I bought the bike with 2600 miles on it. 6700 miles on the bike now. Last complete service was at 3500 miles which included the brake system flush.
I will check to see if the pistons are working properly.

What the OP describes is not normal and potentially dangerous; braking anomolies should be taken seriously. Take it back to the dealer and insist that a tech ride and test the brakes and leave it there until the problem is resolved. I don't know what is causing the issue but all it would take is a close inspeaction of the M/C, calipers, pads and rotors.

Back