free website stats program 2019 Beat Down | Harley Davidson Forums

2019 Beat Down

Joyflyin

Experienced Member
Staff member
So, 2019 has been the worst year of my life. :( I don't think I updated hear, but here it comes. I had another post about January being a rough month, and nothing has let up yet. I got one motorcycle ride in finally around the middle of June. That was it.

My dad has healed up fairly good from his fall in January, but mom hasn't been able to breathe since she fell. Getting the doctor's to agree on what treatment would be best has been a challenge.

For a quick run down, I picked our puppy Fergus up in early March after I did the car show with my dad. Fergus was great. Never had any issues. But unfortunately, when he got his last vaccination at the end of April, he had a reaction to something, we are not sure if what, but the general consensus among my cousin who is a veterinarian and our local vet, we believe it was most likely the rabies vaccination. We lost him that night. We were at the animal ER within 3 ours of him getting his shot. I still break down and cry sometimes when I talk about him. We still have the rescue dog that was returned from Ozzie and Maggie's litter.

I have since got another puppy, his name is Paddington. I searched and found a pup that looked a lot like Fergus, then cried nearly 3 hours on the drive back home because he wasn't Fergus. Paddington has been great. He is not Fergus, but he is a great little pup. :) He has definitely helped me heal.

So, July 1st, I tore a tendon in my right foot. I healed up fairly good from that. My existing plan was that I might start riding again by the end of September/ October time frame. I was trying really hard to be a good patient and give the tendon time to heal properly. BUT...on the 19th of September, I was being rushed to the emergency room and then sent straight to the operating room for an emergency appendectomy. If you haven't had one of these in your life, I highly recommend passing on that. But that has been healing up pretty good for the most part, but I am probably not going to get the bike out at all this year after this endeavor. :(

We also had to put our 15 year old lab down about a month ago. That was tough, but at least Rocky had a good life. 13 Years with us. He just got to where he was in so much pain and couldn't get around, we had to make the call. We had a local veterinary hospice service come to the house so we didn't have to try and get him in and out of the truck.

So, I am hanging on by a thread, but 2019 can go away. I am hoping that 2020 will be much better.

Always hoping next year is a better one the last year has not been good for various reasons however always optomistic for the future
Hope things are a wee bit better for you next year Joy

Brian

Thank you gentlemen! I am feeling better today than I have in 2 weeks. ;) I took a setback Saturday as I was on the recliner of the couch and both dogs launched from the middle of the living room & landed on my stomach. Man, yesterday was rough. :( But things will get better.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I am sure you have heard "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger". While I am not totally convinced that is true, I do believe there is some truth in it. Keep your head up and try to look past the misfortune to the future which has to be better.;)

Also wishing you and family all the best.
With the Holliday's ahead of us we all can use positive outcomes and happier, healthier future.
Before long that little guy Paddington
will wiggle his way deep into your heart with his own personality heck if he is anything like my dog Jack he will talk your ears off.
Just wish my other dog Sawyer would bring the newspaper in. Cause I see in my future it will be my job again but going on 14 years now with the dog delivery service and he still runs to get it and stops halfway back to look around to see if anyone is watching.IMG_0634.jpg

Thanks all. Paddington has certainly carved his place in my heart already. :) As soon as I figure out how to change a video from my iphone to the forum, I will post his special talent...he can blow bubbles in his water bowl! He gives Tui, (the rescue poodle from Ozzie & Maggie's litter) a run for his money. Paddington just turned 6 months old and is already 50+ pounds. ;) He is quite the sweetheart.

Back