free website stats program 2019 48 Sportster saddle bags install | Harley Davidson Forums

2019 48 Sportster saddle bags install

nhk750

I scoured the internet for pictures of this bike with bags and could find none, so it looks like I am the first person in the world to post pics of the 48 with Harley saddle bags and license plate relocation. Parts used: Rigid Leather Locking Saddlebags (P/N 90201321), license plate relocation kit (P/N 73279-10). Just researching the correct parts and hoping they would fit correctly was a challenge as the Harley Dealer had no clue on how to do this. So, the part numbers above work on this bike and everything fits great, except I did not use the small spacers, the instructions said to use, on the front mounting spacers for the saddle bags as it made the bags sit at an angle. You will see what I am talking about if you ever do this mod on the 48 and there is plenty of room for the shocks still. This is my wife's bike, and it took me around 12 hours (on the weekend) to do the mods, plus I change the tires and brakes while I was in there as it was much easier to remove the rear tire and install the mods. The license plate relocation was a bear to install as it required rewiring the entire rear of the bike with new harnesses and I am a full-time mechanic, also everything needs to be installed in some sort of order as you won't be able to get to some of the fasteners if you put the bags on too soon. Overall, it was a difficult install and brain racking, but the end product works great and improved the storage carry capability for my wife. We purchased the bike used with 4,000 miles on it and I performed all the stage one upgrades and accessory installs as the bike was bone stock when we got it. It is a great runner and rides very nicely. bags4.jpg Inkedbags1.jpg bags.jpg

Very clean, until I saw this I never liked the looks of the 48 but you made it work very well, a very cool looking ride indeed.
Good Job!

very ugly! XL bags on an XS bike!! soft bags will sags after a while and be even uglier. Get rid of them, I can't see the bike anymore, please. Maybe you can sell them second hand and recoup half your money man. Buy a Road King

Back