free website stats program 2018 RGS | Harley Davidson Forums

2018 RGS

greeneyebandit

I don't know if this question has been asked and answered but I have a 2018 RGS and my copper nut insert for the front fairing is stripped out it where the screw goes through the turn signal to hold the fairing in place and I was wondering if there's a part number or a replacement or a fix for this? Thanks in advance.

Harley does make/sell inserts. I don't know the part #, but I have used aftermarket ones with no problems. NOTE, the slotted end goes IN, it's not for a screwdriver to insert. Here's a link to one brand. https://www.ebay.com/itm/10X-Brass-...699148&hash=item1ca2ef6682:g:ZoUAAOSweDJalpE~

Note; I just realized the turnsignal insert is probably a different size?

Could this be under warranty?
Joel thanks for the response I'll have to check and see if this under warrenty

Last edited by a moderator:
Breeze thanks for your response I've looked everywhere trying to find the part/ number I've looked at the parts fiche too and I don't see it so I guess i'll try the aftermarket part thanks again

I got some replacement brass nuts at the dealer. Before I inserted the nut back in the hole I used a dab of super glue to hold it in place. I found the hole will sometimes enlarge and the nut will spin in the hole.

Back