free website stats program 2017 STREET GLIDE EXHAUST | Harley Davidson Forums

2017 STREET GLIDE EXHAUST

stgldrider17

I had a 2009 street glide. the only modification done to the bike for performance and sound was that I added 4.5 rcx exhaust slip ons. There were a nice deep and loud rumble (wife had to put poster putty on the back of pictures cause they would rattle on the walls in the house...attached garage) When I bought my 2017 I put the same exhaust slip ons (only purchased brand new) and was told by the local Harley personnel that the sound would be similar. Needless to say the Harley Mechanic was dumb founded as to the big difference in the sound. I want my old deep rumble and loudness that I had with my 2009 bike. I know it will not be the same but I want similar. I would hate to hear what the stock exhaust sounds like cause that is what I feel/sound that I have with the slip ons. I have a warranty and don't want to do anything that would void it out. Any help/ideas on getting them close to what I had would be grateful!!

Your 2009 FLHX didn't have that "air choking" CAT in the header pipe. Change the header, you'll get that sound to return. FuelMoto sells de-catted pipes & you can shop eBay for them too.

I went to u tube before I got my slip ons.Lots of folks have added different ones and then post before and after sounds,helped a lot.

Change Your cam and it will sound like a twincam.I chose the torque cam.Big difference in exhaust sound.

Back