free website stats program 2016 Dyna-S Cruise Wont Set/Engage | Harley Davidson Forums

2016 Dyna-S Cruise Wont Set/Engage

quikdyna

So this bike is new to me as of last Saturday. I tried the cruise the other day and again today and while I get the orange cruise ready light when pressing the cruise button straight in, it will not engage (I know, over 30 and under 90 above 3rd gear).

I found the "dropout" function method and tried everything in order but it made no difference, no green nor red lights. Perhaps I am doing it wrong. Before I delve too deep in the PDF copy I have of the service manual or go to the dealer (2 hrs. away), is there a checklist/order of operations or areas I need to visually or physically check before wasting anyone elses time?

Thanks

Sounds like clutch switch in left switch housing.Have to replace switch assembly because clutch switch is not replaceable.

W
Sounds like clutch switch in left switch housing.Have to replace switch assembly because clutch switch is not replaceable.
Whats the cost of that part and do you mean the perch or the entire switch assembly as I bet that part is pricey?

I don't know the cost,but a lot of guys install the lighted switches when they have a switch failure.The entire switch assembly has to be replaced.You could always try some contact cleaner sprayed near the clutch switch.But ,most have to replace the assembly.There is also a chance that it is the brake switch,but that would cause an intermittant brake light.Either switch can cause the cruise not to work.The switch assemblies are a common problems, especially in touring models.

Back