free website stats program 2015 Harley-Davidson 1200 super low | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 Harley-Davidson 1200 super low

Richard Kasiah

My Harley want start key is on but no clicking or turning over

Attachments

• 06A1E54E-EF38-4A8E-BD31-FCC43AED4C2C.jpeg
    06A1E54E-EF38-4A8E-BD31-FCC43AED4C2C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 7
Yes I took battery to oriiley Soto parts he said it checked out ok battery terminals are all clean and connections to battery I don’t know where the starter or see the wires to a starter

Is the kill switch in the run position? not such a stupid question, been there done that. Try and locate the starter and see if you have power there. Maybe a bad starter solenoid? Have you checked all the fuses?

That sounds like a battery that’s run down.
As Jeff mentioned, a battery can power up the lights but lack the ability to turn the motor over.
However, the fact you’re not hearing any clicking sort of indicates that you have no voltage to the starter solenoid.
What voltage do you have at the battery terminals? 12.4 or less aint not no good.If you have 12.5 or higher the battery should turn the starter over.
Look to your kill switch( mentioned already).Also,does your bike have a starter interlock - have to pull clutch in to start or won’t start if you’ve inadvertently left it in gear?
Exactly how tight are the terminals- you can tighten them with a Phillips head driver and think they’re tight; then get at least another full turn via a ring spanner.
The three members who’ve posted all have you covered.

Is the kill switch in the run position? not such a stupid question, been there done that. Try and locate the starter and see if you have power there. Maybe a bad starter solenoid? Have you checked all the fuses?
Yes fuses are ok I can’t even see the main wire or any going down so I can’t tell where the starter is

Yes fuses are ok I can’t even see the main wire or any going down so I can’t tell where the starter is

I know, they stuff it in so it's hard to see anything. Give it another look as it's important to know if you have power at the starter. I'm leaning towards a bad starter relay, bad starter solenoid or loose cable at the starter.
It seems everything you checked so far that could be the cause are ok.

Back