free website stats program 2015 FLHX Handlebar Adjustment | Harley Davidson Forums

2015 FLHX Handlebar Adjustment

jamesearl

I was looking at a you tube vid look's like 2 torx, remove cover,and I can do it.The ign. switch doesn't even have to come off,like on the 2012.Anybody done this?

I was looking at a you tube vid look's like 2 torx, remove cover,and I can do it.The ign. switch doesn't even have to come off,like on the 2012.Anybody done this?
In the vid,after the cover under the ign. switch is removed,2 of the 4 screws that hold the bars are exposed,I'm hoping loosening those 2 lower ones will let me move the bars.Yes?

OK I commented on the 2015 FLHX handlebar swap video on youtube,actually,asked the question if the bar adj.screws are within reach with just the ign. cover off.Rumblin Rider, the video author, wrote back saying yes,just need extra long allen wrenches with ball on end.Also to put a cloth between lower screen and wrench to keep from scratching. Relatively easy,simpler than I thought it would be.Waiting on wrenches.Just turned 500 miles today,can finally go over 3,000 rpm's :D

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    230.4 KB · Views: 15
Sorry I didn't see this yesterday. Mine is an '07, so I did have more to remove.
But I only loosened the two lower allen bolts to adjust. I learned from previous handlebar adjusting, to make an "original position" mark on the bars and clamp. You only have to move the mark a small amount for the grips to move an inch. If you don't like it, easy to go back.

Didn't have to go to those extremes.Pulled ign.switch cover,2 plugs to disconnect for accessories,pushed in on plastic trim under the screen and the allen wrench fit right in,no scratches.Took 5 min.,maybe. Only needed to loosen 2 bottom screws to make an adjustment.

Didn't have to go to those extremes.Pulled ign.switch cover,2 plugs to disconnect for accessories,pushed in on plastic trim under the screen and the allen wrench fit right in,no scratches.Took 5 min.,maybe. Only needed to loosen 2 bottom screws to make an adjustment.

Just wondering your reason for wanting to move them? I am assuming comfort?

They were a bit low,had an aching shoulder,pretty sure this'll fix it.It may have just been cause I put 500 miles on her in a couple days,to get over the break-in period.I don't usually do that.But now she feels like the last bike, bar position wise,that is.Which never gave me a problem.

They were a bit low,had an aching shoulder,pretty sure this'll fix it.It may have just been cause I put 500 miles on her in a couple days,to get over the break-in period.I don't usually do that.But now she feels like the last bike, bar position wise,that is.Which never gave me a problem.

Well good luck! Thanks for the explanation.

Back