free website stats program 2014 High out put 103 ? | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 High out put 103 ?

Johnme

Hi guys, Back on the road from a long time healing from a work injury, two years! I got the bug and my 2014 Street Glide Special should be in about 3 weeks. Test drove the bike at the 110th and I was sold. Always loved my 2006 Road King but I need abs and a new bike for all I went threw. My ? is and did not ask at the dealer, more info. on the new high out put 103. Can't find any info. on what type of cam. is installed ? High flow air cleaner ? I would think exhaust must be opened up some ? Do I just have a street legal stage 1 installed by the factory ? I have some friends that have cut out the cat. because they can't handle the heat. This bike I hope I can keep it stock. My days of wrenching are gone :( and hope to travel more in the summer and not cook my legs. Thanks for all your help !

I've got a 2013 and don't have any heat issues... I've seen those heat shields and guys seem to love those and they don't look bad at all... Enjoy the new ride! I love mine!!!!

Hi guys, Back on the road from a long time healing from a work injury, two years! I got the bug and my 2014 Street Glide Special should be in about 3 weeks. Test drove the bike at the 110th and I was sold. Always loved my 2006 Road King but I need abs and a new bike for all I went threw. My ? is and did not ask at the dealer, more info. on the new high out put 103. Can't find any info. on what type of cam. is installed ? High flow air cleaner ? I would think exhaust must be opened up some ? Do I just have a street legal stage 1 installed by the factory ? I have some friends that have cut out the cat. because they can't handle the heat. This bike I hope I can keep it stock. My days of wrenching are gone :( and hope to travel more in the summer and not cook my legs. Thanks for all your help !

I asked the dealer what cams are in the new bikes and they didn't have a clue. Must be a corporate secret. Like you, I'm also wondering if these new bikes are already at stage 1. Can't imagine that they are any richer than the 2013's, or they wouldn't meet EPA requirements. Probably still have to add a tuner. Not sure if they come stock with a hi flow a/c. But with the liquid cooling, maybe we won't have to remove the cats to reduce the heat. And I doubt the mufflers are any more free flowing or louder than the 13's.

If you ever find out about the cam and other things on your 2014; would you please let us know on this "Forum". also, you said that the 103's are liguid cooled??

I've got a 2013 and don't have any heat issues... I've seen those heat shields and guys seem to love those and they don't look bad at all... Enjoy the new ride! I love mine!!!!

Hehehe..... you're in MN. Try riding in Texas in July or August and see if you don't have any heat issues :p
But I'll be riding mine all thru the winter. Will you??? :D

If you ever find out about the cam and other things on your 2014; would you please let us know on this "Forum". also, you said that the 103's are liguid cooled??

The Ultra Limiteds, the CVO's, and the trikes are liquid cooled at the heads for 2014.

Hi guys, Could not get any info. on the new cams. for the 2014. Everyone just thinks they found a cam to keep that running out of gear feel. HD has been making street legal stage 1 or 2, so that is what my friends think.
Just a fun note ! All my friends want to have a garage party for the new bike and pull it apart and see if that cam has any bragging rights :bigsmiley30 Don't think I will take them up on it. I envy you guys down south. My riding stops mid. Nov. if am lucky. This year in March I'm trailering down south to Arizona for a month and break in my motor and see the south!

Hi guys, Could not get any info. on the new cams. for the 2014. Everyone just thinks they found a cam to keep that running out of gear feel. HD has been making street legal stage 1 or 2, so that is what my friends think.
Just a fun note ! All my friends want to have a garage party for the new bike and pull it apart and see if that cam has any bragging rights :bigsmiley30 Don't think I will take them up on it. I envy you guys down south. My riding stops mid. Nov. if am lucky. This year in March I'm trailering down south to Arizona for a month and break in my motor and see the south!

Moving to Florida from Mn was the BEST thing I ever did, I have my bike, The Redhead has her Rav 4 life is good, enjoy your time in Arizona, may be look up The Tank and Bubbie and crew:s

Cam specs over previous years
camintake_exhausttiming_duration_zps30a04786.jpg

It would make sense that the 2014 cams are close to the HD255 cams. The 255's are such a good replacement cam and many here use them. I do have a question on the 255's are they labeled not for street use like many of the HD aftermarket products?

Back