free website stats program 2014 FLHXS Apes help | Harley Davidson Forums

2014 FLHXS Apes help

Biker Billy

I have a 2014 FLHXS. I want to swap my bars. I was told by others that I can go to 12" or 14" bars with out having to lengthen the wiring in the bars or swapother parts. Does anyone have any knowledge on this swap? Also, I would like black bars and if you can recommend a supplier for the bars I would really appreciate it. TIA

Biker billy, I have a 2015 Harley SG FLHX that I just put 13 inch apes on. I did the Road 6 bars and love them. I did all of this myself from the time I started till that time I was test driving it was four hours. There is a great how to video on YouTube. YouTube putting ape hangers on a Harley Street glide and it should come up. It's about a 45 minute video but it's very detailed and will help you do it easily. And yes you are correct you do not have to change out your cables up to a 13 inch bar.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439688418.622700.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439688447.655444.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439688484.820160.jpg

Here is the how to link............

How to Install Handlebars on a 2015 Harley Street Glide - YouTube

NEW! 2014 & newer Road 6 Customs Holey Roller Bagger bars!

Last edited by a moderator:
MarkS, thanks so much for the links and the confirmation about height and stock cables. I watched the video and checked out the site for the bars. The video was great and I will be ordering the bars and doing the swap in a couple weeks when I have the free time. The website for the bars states that you need a CAN-BUS extension wire. Did you need that or were you able to get by without it? Thanks again!

Biker Billy, yes get the Can-Bus wire. You'll need it due to handlebar height. It is a simple plug and go connection. If you have any questions, let me know. It's really simple, straight forward install and you'll love them.

Back