free website stats program 2014/15 Touring Safety Recall | Harley Davidson Forums

2014/15 Touring Safety Recall

rusntx

In case it was missed... Might impact some as bikes are coming out of winter hibernation and hitting the road.

The recall covers certain Electra Glide, Ultra Limited, Police Electra Glide, Street Glide, Road Glide and Road King models from the 2014 and 2015 model years. Could stay in gear due to clutches that won't fully disengage. Gas bubbles can cause the clutch master cylinder to lose its ability to fully disengage the clutch, especially if the bike has been parked for a long time. This could cause a rider to lose control of the motorcycle if it's started in gear.The problem was found through customer complaints. Harley reported 27 crashes and four minor injuries.

Dealers will flush the clutch and rebuild the master cylinder. The recall was to start April 23.

In case it was missed... Might impact some as bikes are coming out of winter hibernation and hitting the road.

The recall covers certain Electra Glide, Ultra Limited, Police Electra Glide, Street Glide, Road Glide and Road King models from the 2014 and 2015 model years. Could stay in gear due to clutches that won't fully disengage. Gas bubbles can cause the clutch master cylinder to lose its ability to fully disengage the clutch, especially if the bike has been parked for a long time. This could cause a rider to lose control of the motorcycle if it's started in gear.The problem was found through customer complaints. Harley reported 27 crashes and four minor injuries.

Dealers will flush the clutch and rebuild the master cylinder. The recall was to start April 23.
More info from NHTSA : You can also input your VIN to see if your bike is affected :

Manufacturer: Harley-Davidson Motor Company

SUMMARY:
Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2015 XG500 motorcycles manufactured January 28, 2014, to March 9, 2015, and 2015 XG750 motorcycles manufactured May 12, 2014, to March 9, 2015. The affected motorcycles may have been manufactured without a rear reflector assembly. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
CONSEQUENCE:
If the motorcycle is missing the rear reflector it can reduce the vehicle's visibility to other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will install a rear reflector assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in April 2015. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0620.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle

More info from NHTSA : You can also input your VIN to see if your bike is affected :

SUMMARY:
Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2015 XG500 motorcycles manufactured January 28, 2014, to March 9, 2015, and 2015 XG750 motorcycles manufactured May 12, 2014, to March 9, 2015. The affected motorcycles may have been manufactured without a rear reflector assembly. As such, these vehicles fail to comply with the requirements of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard (FMVSS) number 108, "Lamps, Reflective Devices, and Associated Equipment."
CONSEQUENCE:
If the motorcycle is missing the rear reflector it can reduce the vehicle's visibility to other drivers, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will install a rear reflector assembly, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin in April 2015. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0620.
NOTES:
Owners may also contact the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration Vehicle
oops - posted a different recall. this is the one regarding the clutch problem ; sorry

Report Receipt Date: APR 13, 2015
NHTSA Campaign Number: 15V216000
Component(s): POWER TRAIN
Potential Number of Units Affected: 45,901

All Products Associated with this Recall expand

Details close

5 Associated Documents expand

SUMMARY:
Harley-Davidson Motor Company (Harley-Davidson) is recalling certain model year 2014-2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic (FLHTCU), Electra Glide Ultra Classic - Twin Cooled (FLHTCU TC), Ultra Limited (FLHTK), Police Electra Glide (FLHTP), Street Glide (FLHX), Street Glide Special (FLHXS), CVO Street Glide (FLHXSE), 2015 Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low (FLHTCUL), Ultra Limited Low (FLHTKL), Electra Glide Ultra Classic Low - Twin Cooled (FLHTCUL TC), Road Glide Special (FLTRXS), Road Glide (FLTRX), and 2014 CVO Road King (FLHRSE) motorcycles manufactured April 28, 2014, to October 24, 2014. In the affected motorcycles, the clutch master cylinder may lose the ability to generate enough lift to disengage the clutch, especially if the motorcycle has been parked for an extended period of time.
CONSEQUENCE:
When the engine is running and the motorcycle is in gear, if the clutch cannot be fully disengaged, the motorcycle may move unexpectedly, increasing the risk of a crash.
REMEDY:
Harley-Davidson will notify owners, and dealers will flush the clutch system and rebuild the clutch master cylinder, free of charge. The recall is expected to begin April 23, 2015. Owners may contact Harley-Davidson customer service at 1-800-258-2464. Harley-Davidson's number for this recall is 0165.

Boy that's not the 1st recall either.When I was thinking of a new RK the 2014's were on the floor,but couldn't be delivered till recall was done.Glad I took the 2013.I did like the bigger bags and way to unlatch them though.(on the 14's)

The only thing I like about the 2014/15 ultra's is the bigger bags and their latching system. Don't like the "TV screen" and don't like the new fairing design. Guess I'll stick with my 09 Ultra...it's paid for!

I took my 2015 RG in for the 1000 mile service and the clutch master cyl. was rebuilt under the recall. Service manager said they got the notice last Monday and my bike was the first to be done. He said that they had over 120 bikes on their list and only received 16 kits so far.

Back