free website stats program 2013 Streeglide has a miss | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 Streeglide has a miss

87lwrdr

Just got 2013 Streeglide with Stage 1 air, Rinehart 4" True Duals and a Screamin Eagle Pro Super Tuner. They loaded the map that was on the tuner for the above setup and now the bike has what seems to be a miss or like it cuts out right around 2000 rpm (give or take 200). Took it back and they remapped it upping the fuel by 20% from 0-35 on throttle position and through 1750-6000 RPM range and it still has the miss. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong or have had similar problems? It's pretty frustrating to have a new bike and have it run like this.

Did that and they suggested I take it to someone that has a "Brake Dyno" to try and dial it in because they don't. That would be a $300 cost to me which is unacceptable. I now have to wait until 7/5 to bring it to them to see what they can do. My one question I have is, seeing that there has been no radical changes accept for pipes and a tuner should I be able to ride in 3rd or 4th gear at 2000-2400 RPM without having it chug or act like it's missing or is that not possible with this setup?

1st off putting bike on dyno may not end so well. 2nd off if you purchased bike from a Harley dealer and they are suggesting you go some where else to get bike running correctly tells me that they should not be in the business of selling hi performance parts and should be held accountable for their error with no additional cost to you. Apparently by rescheduling you for July 7
after you just spent all the money purchasing bike and the accessories that has left you unable to ride, they do not seem to care very much about your satisfaction. Call Harley customer care 1-800-258-2464 get a reference number, and get a meeting together with Owner, sales manager and service manager. This is unacceptable. I would not ride bike for it may cause damaged that you would be responsible for................:(

If all this work has been done in house I would take it back get a loaner bike til they figure it out. They have dealer support and their digitech scanner should identify the problem

dbmg and Jack are right on. I went through a problem with a '89 ultra and you have to be firm when dealing with a dealer like this. And they will try to make it your problem if at possible.

Everything has been done by the dealer, I even took their suggestions for the ad ons figuring they knew what they were talking about. Again what was done was not radical changes it was for sound and a little performance which Harley could do from the get go but then they couldn't sell the high priced extras. All I want is for it to run as good as my "old one". I'll make a couple more calls and see what happens.

Latest word from the dealer is the bike will be taken to get a true brake dyno but I suggested that we wait until I get at least 600 miles on it. Hopefully they will be able to dial everything and it will run smoothly. It's a shame that when you spend this kind of money you have to go through all the B/S to get problems resolved that should be taken care of without getting into a pissing match.

we wait until I get at least 600 miles on it.

How long in miles did you ride the bike while it was in pure Stock form. Did it run fine without any problem what-so-ever during that time. Do you have the software, Dongle and cables for the Super Tuner.

Latest word from the dealer is the bike will be taken to get a true brake dyno but I suggested that we wait until I get at least 600 miles on it. Hopefully they will be able to dial everything and it will run smoothly. It's a shame that when you spend this kind of money you have to go through all the B/S to get problems resolved that should be taken care of without getting into a pissing match.

I would be very wary about running any bike especially a brand new one on a dyno. Why not just remove all the additions and install mufflers with a 1.75 or less baffle, leave air cleaner alone and have the knuckleheads at the dealer do a stage 1 down load on ecm. I fear your situation is going to go from bad to worse......:unsure

Back