free website stats program 2013 FLHTK Front Cylinder Hot | Harley Davidson Forums

2013 FLHTK Front Cylinder Hot

CMMan

I have a 2013 Ultra with 11K miles and purchased true duals, air breather, and tuner to install this weekend. When I removed the stock exhaust I noticed the the pipe from the front cylinder is really discolored blue from heat down to the converter. The rear cylinder pipe is not at all. I installed new hardware mentioned above and it sounds great but i noticed after running for several minutes the exhaust from the rear pipe felt cool but the exhaust from the front felt noticeably hotter. The bike has run fine since I owned it last 4K miles and took it on a 2K mile trip last summer with no problems but something seems wrong from what i understand. My friends Classic pipes with 30K miles has no discoloration. ??????

I had the front shield of my header pipe it was discolored (blued) down to the floor board. I've seen this on other bikes as well. If I remember correctly from what I've read, the front cylinder does run hotter then the rear. Adding the things you mentioned should help cool her down a bit.

My 08 EG all stock the front pipe is blue also. There are no performance complaints at all. The best way to determine temperature is a thermal heat gun and that may calm all your concerns.

Just for grins run a compression test, the rear head pipe should not be cool the LR muffler may be a bit cooler tho

Back