free website stats program 2012 Vrod Starting issue | Harley Davidson Forums

2012 Vrod Starting issue

lucky 15

Account Removed
well my Vrod has been playing up of late with a dreaded CLICK when pushing the starter :(
well whilst at the dealer looking at the new sporty and Softail i let the tech loose on the electrics - they found the problem

the solenoid terminals were corroded together with a track of rust that looked like a lump of mud !!!!

warranty dept has order the needed parts to replace these heavily corroded parts (6months old!!!!!)

so if you have starting issues check the starter solenoid as water runs down the cable thru the insulation and causes accelerated corrosion and if you ride in salt conditions - your in real trouble

perhaps an o ring round the cable in the right place will cause the water to drip elsewhere
just a thought as i seem to always be trying to fight falling water

Brian

the protection - as is doesnt really provide protection per say it more a rubber cover to stop arcing to the frame

You seem to have all the luck,didn't one of your new bikes have garbage for powdercoat on the frame?

You seem to have all the luck,didn't one of your new bikes have garbage for powdercoat on the frame?

yes it had a new frame within 6weeks of ownership and then the dealer ruined the rear fender and few other parts so it had a load of other new bits as well

So what bike is next for you??
It's been a few months now! :lolrolling

Back