free website stats program 2011 ultra classic limited with leaking rear shock | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 ultra classic limited with leaking rear shock

yharley

My new bike has holes already! Have you experienced this problem. Vehicle shock started leaking with less than 500 miles.

My new bike has holes already! Have you experienced this problem. Vehicle shock started leaking with less than 500 miles.

This is a brand new bike that you are having trouble with (tranny and rear shock leaking)? Take it back and DEMAND that they fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with it!!!

TQ

Both should have been caught by the dealer during the set up/prep by the dealer. They should give you a loaner bike since you will be without your brand new bike.

This is a brand new bike that you are having trouble with (tranny and rear shock leaking)? Take it back and DEMAND that they fix EVERYTHING that is wrong with it!!!

TQ

DITTO, what are you waiting for? If this was a new car would you not already called the dealership?

A friends 2010 FLHX had the same issue at less than 500 miles. It was the left rear shock that went out. So far in 5500 miles, I've replaced the shifter shaft, when the rear shifter would not tighten and my horn fell off the other day and was hanging by the wire. Both were fixed within minutes at my local dealer. The first under warranty. The horn part was replaced and they didn't even write it up. Said they had the extra part laying around.

Glen073 "--they had the extra part laying around?" Maybe when they did the PDI they left it...out?!!! :bigsmiley6:

Well here is my story. 2010 Ultra LTD. Left side shock leaking after 3000 mls
Replaced under warranty. 3500 mls Both shocks leaking oil. Back to the dealer.
Apparently the routing of the ail oil lines under the rear fender broke when the rear wheel rubbed up against the lines. Rerouted new lines under the seat and new shocks were ordered. Check the lines were they meet and if they are under the rear fender. When you hit a bump the rear wheel rubs up against the lines.

Hello, was there a change in the routing of those lines in 2010? Service Bulletin? Hmmm, frame change was in 2009...?

Back