free website stats program 2011 Touring Electrical and DTC | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Touring Electrical and DTC

captkirkis

The link above doesn’t work anymore.

I am having an issue with my 2011 Ultra Limited. I was on a trip the other day, and my check engine light and battery light came on. I noticed my volts were also reading low, below 12. While riding I shut the bike off and tried the started and it didn’t work. Luckily this happened when I was about 3 miles from my final destination. When I got there I shut it off and it wouldn’t start again... did nothing... yesterday when I made it back home with the bike on my trailer, it started right up... but my voltage is still reading 12 or so... I put it on the charger last night and this morning the voltage still is reading around 13... I attempted to read the dtc, after holding the trip button on “p”, it starts with a few seconds of blank, then displays “no rsp”, which I assume means “no response”... my bike still starts, so idk what the deal is... any help would be greatly appreciated!

Happy riding y’all!

Semper Fi!

As Jeff says, your battery sounds like its toasted. Probably a bad cell if it's not holding a charge. Fully charged should read 12.7X volts.

Thanks guys! It’s holding a charge... starts right up now, but I can’t get anything as far as codes or “none” when checking for dtc’s, which is what concerns me, lol... I do plan to have the battery load tested, it is 5+ years old... any thoughts on the dtc’s?

If it’s 5+ years old I wouldn't take it to far from home because that’s where you’ll be pushing it.
I agree, and am probably just going to go get a new battery, especially before I take it any distance!
Would the battery being weak and old be the reason that when I try to get my diagnostic codes, and press and hold on “P”, it goes blank for a second or two, then says “no rsp”, and then I press the button again and takes me back to the PSSpTB menu, instead of giving me the P/N first. I checked all the other code sections and get “none” followed by “P/N” as normal... So to sum up the second part of my initial post, something is not allowing me to get my engine diagnostic codes, which is what has me concerned the most!

Since you have decided to replace the battery, if the "no rsp" and others go away, it's a good bet it's battery related.

Back