free website stats program 2011 Super Glide Custom Forward Controls | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Super Glide Custom Forward Controls

xjcksn32x

Has anyone installed forward controls on a 2011 Dyna Super Glide Custom? My dealership said i should get it installed there but i would like to do it myself, how complicated is it and about how long?

No different from any other dyna. The big issue is are you going to take shift shaft all the way out or just cap it off. If just capping off then it will take about 45 minutes to install if taking shaft out about 2 1/2 hours. If capping then real easy to install, difference is removing the whole clutch assembly and housings (inside and outside) to get shaft out. or cutting the shaft and then pluging whole.
When I did mine I capped the shaft and was glad I did as did not find the forwards comfortable for me due to my hieght of 5'-5". Good luck and be safe.

Basic mechanical skills will get the job done. I totally agree with Slapp that you should not cut/remove the mid shift shaft until you ride with the forwards for a while and know that you want to keep them.
P.S. Forward controls sometimes need a handlebar change too for comfort.

Back