free website stats program 2011 Street Glide Transmission | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Street Glide Transmission

Hi,

I was wondering if the transmission in the 2011 Street Glide is noisy? Backlash, gear whine etc. My 2011 Victory Cross Country transmission sounded like a cement mixer on steroids and the primary gears made a loud whirring noise at 2000-2500 RPMs so loud it would (EDIT) anyone off. I am getting my new Harley this weekend and hoping for a quieter transmission than the Victory.

Also wondering if you still get that engine shaking sensation at idle. I loved that on my 07 RK

Thanks
Neil

Please read this...

A Friendly Reminder - Harley Davidson Community

Last edited by a moderator:
I can say my 09 FLHX tranny's really quiet. Other than the 1st gear whine, which quieted after adding Spectro, she's smooth as silk. Also, I do get the idle vibes - that's a Harley...;)

If it's like my 2010 Ultra, you will get a loud clunk putting it into 1st gear. There is a minor whine in first gear, but everything else is quiet and quite smooth.

If it's like my 2010 Ultra, you will get a loud clunk putting it into 1st gear. There is a minor whine in first gear, but everything else is quiet and quite smooth.
Glen,
You CAN get rid of the Clunk by using Proper adjustment of clutch and cable pull at the handle-bar.... and WAIT for a few (8/10) seconds After pulling the clutch for all to Stop their movement..

I use Redline Shockproof Heavy in my trannys. (no Gear noise as other brands allow)

I also Keep the clutch adjusted to the tighter adjustments (1/2 turn back out) and the clutch cable at about 1/16 MAX. and this does allow Better clutch plate separation Sooner to Stop movement.(.)

If you grab the clutch and shift to #1 right off,,,,, You will get the clunk.(everything still moving)
Normal to get the clunk but that is WHY I use Shockproof.. Never Ever Any metal on magnetic plug..... Waiting while clutch pulled for a little like said above and I don't get the Clunk...

Try it you'll like it.

signed....BUBBIE

I notice a big whine when shifting down to 1st from 2nd in my 2010 FXDC but after paying attention to other harley bikes that my friends ride they do the same thing. You can hear the whine form most harley bikes as they downshift to first coming into pit stops etc......I think the whine into 1st is normal.

As far as the vibration from the harley I actually love it! Upshift to 2nd short starting out at a stoplight and and roll the throttle and it is a nice sound form the pipes and the bike vibrates like a vtwin should! Its a Harley!!!!!

I purchased a 2011 Electra Ultra Limited week put on about 550 miles pulled into my drive way and let it idle couple of minuets took off my helmet and the transmission sounded like it was eating rocks on the idle pulled in the clutch and it quieted down some put in gear and all was quiet . called my dealer and they came out and hauled it way.They just call me and said they called the factory and they are having some problems with the new box's and they are shipping out a new gear set assembly. The few the have had back they can't see any thing wrong with them.So be aware on the new ones if it is getting noisy GET IT IN TO YOU DEALER!!!.Latus H.D has gone the extra mile for me but for that kind of money they should. I will let everybody posted after [or when] i get it back.

olbill

Back