free website stats program 2011 Street Glide Fairing amost hitting gas tank. | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Street Glide Fairing amost hitting gas tank.

smada

Hello All ...

A newbie here, but a long time reader and student of this site, have learned much from all of the great feedback presented on this site.

I have a issue/concern about my new Street Glide ... something I hope to handle with the dealer but hoping to get your input as well.

I am picking up my new 2011 Street Glide this week, a few days ago when checking out the bike at the dealer, I noticed (with the bars turned all the way to the left) the fairing is dangerously close to touching the fuel tank. Right side has about 1/4 inch clearance.

I have brought this to the salesman's attention and we checked out many of the other Glides they had at the dealership. And they all (with the exception of 1) were the same .. and the 1 that was different only had 1/4 inch on each side.

I know that Harley went from a 5 gallon tank to the 6 gal. so am aware that this would take up some room. But this is just to close for comfort.

So I guess I am wondering if the Fairing can be adjusted away from the tank.

I am told that there are no adjustable fork stops on this bike.

Just looking for some ammo to take back to the dealership with me before I consider taking this bike home like this.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

THX

Thanks for the reply Bgdv1.

Appreciate it.

Keep your eye on it though ... have read online that a few others have had an issue with the fairing contacting the tank. 1 Fairing was tight and just to close and the other was due to the Fairing loosening up.

1/4 inch I can see and deal with ... but less than an 1/8 hmmmm.

Anyway ... Thanks Again.

Back