free website stats program 2011 Street Glide Cruise Control | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Street Glide Cruise Control

geno4243

Im new to Harley and this forum so im sorry if my question sounds dumb! My street glide came without cruise, so i bought the cruise from my local dealer and installed it myself...But it will not light up on the tach. How do i make my bike recognize the cruise??

Thanks . But this is a little over my head i guess i will need to visit my local dealer.

Good Luck and let us know how it turns out and ask a lot of questions that way you can help others JMO

Im sure I will have plenty of questions !! I wish I would have given up those sport bikes years ago. This Harley is the best ride ever!! Thanks again

Geno; Look at your installation instruction #21 Refer to the DIGITAL TECHNICIAN or the Touring models electrical diagnostic manual to verify the cruise control function on the vehicle ECM. I don't understand it, but I it may be what you need.
My '07 service manual has instructions for cruise control "cable lash initialization" on new installations (listed under cruise control in index). I know there are differences between '07's and 11's but the procedure might be the same. If you do not have a service manual YET :s, let me know, and I will transcribe from mine.
Welcome to the forum!

You think your Street Glide is great,, wait till you've been on this forum for a while.

Last edited:
Gliders link is the data I referred to in my service manual, with the additional trouble shooting tips. I've been reading the download pdf for your cruise control, and nowhere does it have the cable lash procedure. I'm thinking instruction #21 about utilizing the Digital Technician is the updated procedure for the "fly by wire" throttle initialization. Several of the trouble shooting tips in Gliders link refer to "if cruise light does not illuminate".

Thanks For all the info. after reading everything it does appear that i have everything installed correctly and that i will need to have the digital tech hooked to my bike so it can activate my cruise . Thanks for the help. i will let you know what happens at the dealer.

Back