free website stats program 2011 sporty 1200 custom | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 sporty 1200 custom

RAWLDYMAN

BTW, before I start, I don't post much (mainly because I don't know much) but I read here every day & it's a privilege for me to be a member of this community - because of ye, I have learned a lot.
Anyways, seen one of these for the first time today - there's very few of them around here but, I must say, I think the front end looks brilliant, I love the beefy look of the front wheel & the wider forks. Looks far better than the skinny front of the previous model. I'm told it handles a lot better in cornering & that the shocks are better as well.
I have been thinking of movin up a bit from the 883 sportyL, basically for a bit more punch, forward controls and the larger tank, and this bike really looks the business. Booked a test ride next week. Anybody out there got one? Would love to hear what you think.
Thanks to all.

I bought a XL 1200 Custom in February.
I now have close to 1000 miles on it.

I really love the way the bike looks and handles.
This is my first Sportster so I really can't compare it to other years/models.
No complaints other than what is usually said about Sportster's, like not very comfortable
for long trips,et.
At 6'3" I did find it to be a little uncomfortable until I changed the seat.
It is better now with the Sundowner seat, but still not for a long haul.
Also love the forward controls.

Ron

I know it's not the same, but close - my 05 XL1200C was a great scoot...didn't have the same front & still handled like a dream. I really like the 48's & will probably dive into another Sporty someday. Have fun on the test ride & post some pics of you pick-up the '11.

RAWLDYMAN,

Go give the Blarney Stone a Hug and A KISS for good luck and get that new bike..

NICE...:D

signed....BUBBIE

A lot to like in a new Sportster...much less maintenance and plenty of new tech underneath the "classic" skin. I have an older model, but 1200cc is like having the 883cc performance "kitted" with the Mother ships blessing. Full tried n true factory R&D blessing...then you can top the "out of the box performance" with Stage I, A/C, and perhaps Exhaust Slip-ons to tune to your personal look, feel and taste. How cool is that?!!! :D

Thanks for replies.
Had the test ride Saturday. Very impressed with the extra power and handling and the forward controls are great. Only downside was the bars are a bit too far from me and was having to lean forward too much which would be a bit uncomfortable after a while.
Dealer suggests more of a "pull back" style bar (extra cost of course) similar to my current bike, which would solve the problem & looks better too. Talking money this week & if we can deal, I'll order a black one which I'm told would take about a month or so

Back