free website stats program 2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Screamin Eagle Street Glide

dogdad

My neighbor just brought home a 2011 Sceamin Eagle Street Glide,,,what a beautiful bike. I was there when he saw it in the show room. Sales lady even cranked up the 100 watt Harmon Kardin stereo. Nice and loud. Well he goes the next day to pick it up and they're telling him that the radio's amp has a problem. It cracks and has static. Goes up and down in volume. This all happens between when he signs the paper work and goes to pick it up the next day. He's told that they (HD ) is having a problem with these amps and they will replace it with another bikes this week. O K ,no problem. he takes it home and notices when he fulls with the cigarette lighter,,it makes the stereo mess up. Now ,I would think this shouldn't have any effect on the sound system, but it does. Sounds like a loose wire or connection??? opinions?

Also the pipes on this new bike are as quiet as can be,,,very disappointing . I looked on the web site and the picture shows the same pipes. No "Screamin Eagle" written on them. I have always seen Sreamin Eagle pipes on the 110'S. He is totally unhappy with the "no rumble".

The lighter maybe just causing interference with the radio causing distortion.
With the loud exhaust debate even the aftermarket Screaming Eagle mufflers are not that much louder than stock.
I bet it is a awesome bike though.

He can thank the EPA for that neither of my SE came with screamin eagle pipes from the moco the 04 seeg or the 09 serg to my understanding they would be an add on but he can contact steve at fulsac performance and he will make it rumble

I bet it is a awesome bike though.

I rode this bike on the local HD's demo day a few weeks ago. Man, what a gorgeous looking bike and what a nice ride.

I asked my sales rep what's the tag on this bike, around $30k. I told him I'll catch him next year on that. :D

I rode this bike on the local HD's demo day a few weeks ago. Man, what a gorgeous looking bike and what a nice ride.

I asked my sales rep what's the tag on this bike, around $30k. I told him I'll catch him next year on that. :D

I saw one at my dealer...$ 34 K
I slowly backed away :s

Just like a "bull in a china shop" - the sales staff protect the +$30K bikes like gold. Sweet ride though - never seen one available during demo day (rare).

I've still not familiarized myself with all the different models of the Harley line, but they had quite the spread of 2011 bikes to try. I rode the CVO Screaming Eagle Street Glide - Road Glide - Electra Glide Ultra Limited - Ultra Classic - Road King and I believe that was it. They had the V-Rod as well but I was too whipped by the time that ride came up.

Aside from that Screaming Eagle, I came away feeling OK with my '08 Electra Glide Ultra. But I was wishing I could put that Street Glide in the stable...it was indeed nice.

Back