free website stats program 2011 Road King - front brake 'pulse' at low speed | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Road King - front brake 'pulse' at low speed

fixerboy

Hi,
I have a 2011 Road King with 10,000km on it.

I've noticed when I'm coming to a stop, the bike "pulses" like the disc is warped. There's no pulsing at the lever and no symptoms at any speed above walking pace.

The runout has been checked and is within HD tolerances (3 and 5 thou - HD say 8 is ok).

Is this common on this model?

thanks.

Bart

Bart,

Until it becomes MORE, they will do nothing. Wonder IF you run it hot (lots of use) if it will get Worse. There are ways to make it warp more but none I will suggest other than the HEAT... You know what YOU need to do,,, and not get involved in Dishonest Practices like HD Does...:devil:newsmile055:

My 09 FLHR, I had One rotor out of tolerance (right front) and the other (left) was marginal..They Only replaced the one on warranty, still feel the left one, so it is on my dime now... Not enough to bother with yet tho..

signed....BUBBIE

If you wait till they replace them, you'll be too old to ride:s. Pick up a nice set of floating rotors when it bothers you too much and replace them yourself instead of being annoyed every time you hit the brakes.

Back