free website stats program 2011 fatbob cams | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 fatbob cams

Linky

looking for help on choosing a good cam for my new bike. has pcv , arleness big sucker air filter, have two exhaust systems v&h bigshots staggered, and bassani b1 road rage pipe. ride solo most of the time,190lbs. ride aggresive . have been looking at different cams now for about a month. what started to be a simple task has turned into alot of different suggestions.have narrowed it down to afew the new feuling 574 cam and the cr575 and the andrews 48h.they all have good hp and tq values. the reaper cam shows a flat tq value.has anybody used any of these cams in a dyna bike with good results.

If you are not doing any piston or head work, stay with a milder cam. Compression ratio has alot to do with the cam making power. You want to stay with a cam made for stock C/R.

Go to the self help, under engines and read, cams and more cams.

I,m running an Andrews 37H on a stock engine with exhast, intake and EJK.

i talked with andrews about that 37h cam and they recommended the 48h instead, they said it was designed for the stock 96. also hillside cycle also said it works great with stock heads. just was wondering if any one had it in a dyna. also feuling and cycle rama said there 575 cams were for stock heads sent me dyno sheets with great results. said not to worry about the latter intake closing you have to look at all the cam specks if anyone has these cams ina stock dyna let me know how you like them .

Here is the description for the 37H and 48H out of the Andrews catalog. You can see the 48H is more of a bagger cam with the emphasis on max torque in the low to mid RPMs.
The 37H will make its max torque in the mid to high RPM.

It all depends on What RPM range you want you engine to have peek power.

Make your cam choice on how you like to ride.

My bike with the 37H likes to run at 2500 RPM and up. From 3000 to 5500 it is an arm strecher.

216337 37H - Hot street cams for 96-103 inches. 80+ rear wheel HP possible with well tuned 88, more with 95 inches or bigger.
Smooth idle, broad torque (2200-5600 RPM) 9.0 to 9.5 C.R.

216348 48H - New in 2010: New design, broad tip cams for baggers with stock motors: max torque at low and mid RPMs.

jdaws

yes i under stand what andrews site says that why i called them. they told me the 48 cam has a flat tq curve at 2500 to 5000 rpms making around 100 ft tq all the way across max hp 90 . the 37 dosen't even match that. per andrews., just was wondering on the dynas if any one had one.

yes i have. talked to scott at hillside he did not recommend them for stock compression. others i have talked to say they are noisey and are hard on the valve train after 20,000 miles. i was going to use the woods 555 .

Sounds like you are doing some good research.
Make your decision on your riding style.
There is no (one cam) that does it all.
I would like to here what you decide on and how it runs.

i am looking at longevity of the bike, thats why i talked to feuling and cycle rama they recommended there 575 cams. said the ramps were not high causing the valves to pound on the seats. and they have great tq from low to red line. anyone else got and answers.

Back