free website stats program 2011 Capital City Challenge...Motor officers training | Harley Davidson Forums

2011 Capital City Challenge...Motor officers training

Sunnysideup

Saturday I attended the 2011 Capital City Challenge officers motorcycle training event put on to raise money for charities. There were officers from La, Ga, SC, and of course, various locations in Florida including the FSU patrolmen & Fl. Highway Patrol competing as teams and individually. About 100 bikes (mostly Harley's) doing things I've never seen before with my eyes, dang sure never attempted. Some were so good if you were to put their bikes in my house they could drive around my livingroom furniture! They really put on a show and it was neat to hang out with them and to see them compete against one another. Learned a lot and had a great time. It was good too to see these guys relax and having fun for a change.

I've seen some videos about the police rodeos but I'll bet it's more impressive live. Wish I could ride like they can.

It really is amazing the amount of control you can get over your bike with low speed maneuvers when you've got the rear brake lightly engaged. I just recently read about that trick over the last year or so, and it really does give you an enhanced level of control over your bike.

Saw a LOT of rear brake being used but very little front unless they were straight line stopping and that was at the conclusion of each of the exercises. One very interesting events that the riders really enjoyed was the tandem riding where they are tethered together and ride around cones very very close together. The best teams rode around rubbing.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was there also and the skills displayed was impressive to say the least. i went with my wife and son, they both ride to. they were equally impressed. had a really nice time

I've been a police officer for the last few years. My ultimate goal has always been to get on the motor unit. I've wanted to be a motor officer ever since I watched "chips" when I was growing up. Unfortunately it seems like the only way to get on the unit is when somebody retires! Those boys enjoy their job so much very few of them ever get off the squad. I suppose it's just a matter of waiting my turn.

Scooter - Good deal! Wish I would have known earlier about it I would have posted it on here so more might have had the chance to show up. I just found out about it Friday evening.

Dswartz - Oh these guys were having a blast. There were a few that were uptight but it was probably due to the competition, but there were some that were just having a ball. There was one guy from a parrish in La. , you could tell he absolutely loved riding. Even when it was all over he was out doing tricks, hated having to put up the bike.

Back