free website stats program 2010 Ultra update | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 Ultra update

Tracker

In May we bought our first Harley, a 2010 Ultra Classic. It was lack luster as I compared it to my just sold 1800 Wing. It sounded strangled and didn't have the power I was used to. After much reading and lurking on this site, I plunged in and started the necessary mods. I cut and removed the cat, installed a Screamin Eagle air cleaner, Dobeck TFI, and Vance and Hines slip-ons. With just a little work and very little money, this bike has come to life. I may have the A/F ratio a little rich but I can tune that out, and the V&H pipes sound better than any I have heard. Now it will scoot like I grew used to on my other bikes.
We rode about 300 miles yesterday and usually I would be sore and stiff after such a ride, but today I feel like I should do the ride again. The Ultra fits me so much better than I would have suspected.
The guidance and experience of the guys on this site have helped greatly.

Thanks .....now time to ride!
Tracker

Good for you, read my signature line LOL enjoy your ride, Capital Jack:p

Hey Tracker,

Congratulations and welcome to the best Harley Davidson forum on the planet. Did you put V&H monster ovals or something else? I have the monsters on my 09 and love them. They get deeper and deeper as the miles rack up on them. Ride safe.

The Ultra is Harley's "top drawer" touring bike...going against a Gold Wing is a real challenge...exceeding your expectations after doing the things Harley was forced to do to meet EPA sound and emission requirements. Isn't it nice to know that when all that excess "baggage" is removed it can stand toe to toe with such a high marque? Good choice, and yes congratulations on finding out an HD can face off against the other brand "H" and WIN.

In May we bought our first Harley, a 2010 Ultra Classic. It was lack luster as I compared it to my just sold 1800 Wing. It sounded strangled and didn't have the power I was used to. After much reading and lurking on this site, I plunged in and started the necessary mods. I cut and removed the cat, installed a Screamin Eagle air cleaner, Dobeck TFI, and Vance and Hines slip-ons. With just a little work and very little money, this bike has come to life. I may have the A/F ratio a little rich but I can tune that out, and the V&H pipes sound better than any I have heard. Now it will scoot like I grew used to on my other bikes.
We rode about 300 miles yesterday and usually I would be sore and stiff after such a ride, but today I feel like I should do the ride again. The Ultra fits me so much better than I would have suspected.
The guidance and experience of the guys on this site have helped greatly.

Thanks .....now time to ride!
Tracker

Hey Tracker I'm glad you are having fun with your Harley. I retired last Dec. and bought our first Harley as a retirement present to myself. Went through four other bikes ( H's ) a couple of different cruisers. If I had known this Ultra Classic was this much fun I would have bought one a long time ago. Ride on brother, be safe.
Reinharts slipons,SEAC,Fulsac header, SERT, and some bling here and there.

Welcome to the Harley family. I know you will have fun and enjoy the ride when you get it like you want it. I have an 09 classic and loving every minute of it.
Enjoy

It was lack luster as I compared it to my just sold 1800 Wing. It sounded strangled and didn't have the power I was used to.

The H-D has all that metal and steel to haul around (as opposed to all of the Honda's plastic). :devil

Glad you got "her" worked out.

Back