free website stats program 2010 ultra limited | Harley Davidson Forums

2010 ultra limited

Gus LTD

Hello all, i am a newbie who has been lurking for some time and finally joined! This is really a great site. I thought i would start by giving a truthfull impression of the newest ultra. I am coming off a 2000 roadking and all i can say is "holy-cow". This bike handles like nothing i have ever ridden,the 103 is everything i expected and more. She is a beauty, i bought the red/black one! I wanted a ultra that was a little different and that is what guided me towards it. It does have some quirks that i am adjusting to, such as the first gear whine. All others are smooth as glass! The notorious "clunk" when dropping into first from nuetral is louder than any other harley i have owned. I put on a set of lower shocks to get my feet firmly planted, that may have been a mistake as now when i have my wife on we bottom out more than normal. Overall i am very happy with my purchase and did i mention that the 103 is everything i expected. POWER everywhere. I have owned 4 harleys including a 1200 sporty and none of them are even close to being a match for this one! Well that was long-winded enough. Thanks to all for the wisdom that i have found on this site.

Welcome to the forum and thanks for your insite on the 10' Ultra. I've been hearing good things about the 2010 models.

I too have a new UC Limited, its a great bike but here are a few things I have found out....
It does bottom out more than my old UC - I think it has to do with the frame 09 upgrade.
The catalytic converter is in the header pipe, I put monster duals on, SE air breather, supertuner and then put it on the Dyno, gota 70.9 max HP and 84 max torque, disapointing... but it runs good and sounds great. Thinking of going to the V&H true dual header pipe.

all up - Its a great bike

Gus LTD,
I have a deposit on a UC Limited. Are your staying with the stock exhaust and A/C? I am thinking about leaving mine stock until summer of 2010 to see what choices are available. The first order will be to change out the fluids and use Glider's break in recommendation. Thanks for the review and welcome.

I had a 2003 RK Ran that for 2 years before some said i should have air in the shocks
On my new 2009 two up i run 45psi, still scrap the boards on the corners

I havent changed the exhaust, totally stock and totally quiet! I am waiting on bub or v&h to come out with a new headpipe that follows the 2-1-2 design without the cat. As for the shocks i have 25psi in them right now and i have been adjusting them up ever since i got the bike. Also i want to tell everybody that there is considerable heat coming up from the cat and it hasnt been very warm here in MD since i bought the thing so i have to get rid of that thing! I will be adding a pc and doing the air cleaner, then i want to dyno mine also. I sure hope for better #s then what was posted. The seat of the pants feels much stronger than that.

Hey Welcome to the forum and thanks for the write up. One of the new things for 2010 is the new fifth gear, no more whine. Best T

I...there is considerable heat coming up from the cat ... i have to get rid of that thing!
Consider the individual who manages to get more fuel going through the system without performing a catectomy. Might feel like it'd go into thermonuclear meltdown or something as it's burning out down there.

A friend of mine who bought a 09 cvo took his stock header pipe off and replaced it with an 09 without the cat. They took and cut the cat in half so they could see what was in there. You would not believe it! It looked like a big blob with little pinholes throughout. There isnt any wonder why they are heating up. Cant breath!

A friend of mine who bought a 09 cvo took his stock header pipe off and replaced it with an 09 without the cat. They took and cut the cat in half so they could see what was in there. You would not believe it! It looked like a big blob with little pinholes throughout. There isnt any wonder why they are heating up. Cant breath!

Cat Converters - Harley Davidson Community

Cat1-1.jpg

Back